ratty physio bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought an old Brodie for a physio bike for my knee and I couldn't leave it alone. I added the leather seat, block pedals and old school bars shined it and tuned it and man it is a pleasure to ride. It's made out of tange chromoly and has a set of old rock shox judy's on it....back when they were a good fork. Future plans are to get rid of the front derailer and get an old campy or shimano road bike crank and single speed the front. XTR rear derailer , chain and shifter and maybe 27" or 700c wheels.

summer2007322.jpg

summer2007321.jpg

summer2007320.jpg

Cool bike, I would say 1994 because of the STX crank. Maybe the frame is a little small for you?

Hugo

Hugo said:
Cool bike, I would say 1994 because of the STX crank. Maybe the frame is a little small for you?

Hugo

Thanks :D , The frame is just right, I dropped the seat a couple of inches after I took the pics. I just like the look of the sky high seat and I don't know why.

Just found something else to pick on
icon_twisted.gif
:D . You said you were thinking about changing the wheel size. You can't do that and keep the cantilever brakes, right? Unless you go coaster, and that bike won't take disk brakes easily.

But road wheels would look cool.

Hugo

Hugo, I said future plans and maybe 27" or 700c wheels. I need this bike to repair my knee right now. If I actually get around to wheels I know how to set it up, I've been a mechanic for almost 20 years now, I've raced BMX and mountain bikes, trained on road bikes, worked in bike shops and have come across far more difficult problems than brakes on a bike!

I guess I'm preaching to the vicar then eheh. I hope your knee heals quickly, and I would love to see the wheel conversion later on.

Hugo

I found some aluminum cruiser bars at a LBS and that started a make-over into something a little less stealthy. :mrgreen:

bikes035.jpg

bikes034.jpg

I got a hold of some 27 inch wheels to test fit and a look see. With a little fork grinding and some road bike brakes it would be done. What do you think Hugo?

bikes126.jpg

bikes125.jpg

How about showing us the BMX goodies hanging on the wall? :wink:

nice, like the looks of the roadies. that will be one great ride.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Back