Ratty racer project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I needed to just throw together a rat for summer ridding. When I got home from work I started throwing parts together and this is what Ive got so far. Hawthorne frame with a fork I got from BicycleDon at the Detroit autorama. A new huffy donated the cranks, chain, wheels, tires and handlebars. The stem is from a 51 Schwinn DX I parted out and the seat (still working on) I think came from another Hawthorne.
bikes025-1.jpg

bikes026.jpg

bikes024-1.jpg

Cool bike BT, I really dig the classic bike with a tripple tree fork look. Is that the invisa-seat that I didn't see in Don's booth :lol: ?...Kelly

A real nice starting platform, not real familiar with the Hawthornes but I think that's the first straight bar version I've seen like that.

WOw! you have the new theft proof seat.. The cushion of the seat is actually attached to a pair of bicycle shorts.. You rock dude!! lol

Boardtrack,I think your Peashooter is about the BEST bike EVER posted on here!

I cant get enough Boardtrackers!

that pea shooter you got there...that is a thing of beauty, how does she ride?

I like where your going with this bike, I'm sure you will amaze me with the final product :p

Actually the peashooter is yet to run under its own power. I still need to finish the wiring and fix a bent rear drop-out. Ive been working on other things since the weather has/is to bad to ride. The Ratty racer is pretty much done except for maybe some black quick brick tires and some padding on the seat. A lucky 7 seat post might be in order as well.

I like how you have that bike set up. I love staight bar frames......I can never say that enough. Board trackers, are just the best in my book.

Back