Recent Finds in IOWA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's some stuff i found . . .

40+ Schwinn DX? Blue Bird Hardware Store headbadge
59 JC Higgins
30s? Shelby or Hiawatha basket case
60s Western Flyer
60s? Westpoint musclebike
3 "Rail" frames
1 Iverson? frame

205.jpg

206.jpg

204.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg

210.jpg

211.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

213.jpg

212.jpg

214.jpg

207.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

i found the airflow in a pile at a farm, the dx in a guys shed. the western flyer was a gift i didn't want and the westpoint from my brother who got it at an auction. the frames came from a guy who bought out a bike repair shop years ago. :roll:

BP,
The louvered chainguard in the last pic is from a very rare George Barris Iverson bike. I think it was called the Green Draggin' or something like that. Look up a pic of it on the NE Musclebike website. Don't let it go cheap if you sell it. Should be worth a c-note easily to the right buyer.

Joe

Sweet haul......some very nice stuff :mrgreen:

ratina said:
Nice haul!

You gonna fix the airflow up?

I sold a western flyer like that for $80 a couple years ago

there's a member who wants it but he's far away. i can't get it apart to ship it so i offered it to him for free. if he passes - it's up for grabs, but pick up in mason city, ia . . . :|

yeshoney said:
BP,
The louvered chainguard in the last pic is from a very rare George Barris Iverson bike. I think it was called the Green Draggin' or something like that. Look up a pic of it on the NE Musclebike website. Don't let it go cheap if you sell it. Should be worth a c-note easily to the right buyer.

Joe

thanks joe - i'll check that out :eek:

backpedaler said:
ratina said:
Nice haul!

You gonna fix the airflow up?

I sold a western flyer like that for $80 a couple years ago

there's a member who wants it but he's far away. i can't get it apart to ship it so i offered it to him for free. if he passes - it's up for grabs, but pick up in mason city, ia . . . :|

I'd take it but your 6 hours away :cry:

Your DX is a '41 D97XE-1. You can tell that from the frame shape and paint job on the frame and tank. The spring fork was an option and was with this bike from the start. You can tell that because the frame has a little tube welded on the bottom of the front down tube just back from the head tube. That little piece is to keep the springer from hitting and denting the tank. If your springer was added later, the welded tube would not be there.
Your bike probably had a light and rack when it was new. Your chain guard had the back half broken off and it was shortened and repaired. It should have the "bird-wing" guard that attaches to the frame stay. The pedals have been replaced as well. Good find and I'm jealous! :p
I restored this '41 and it's about my favorite bike. It also has a hardware store badge. Gary
ADX004-1.jpg

ADX010-1.jpg

Back