Red Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up yesterday. I had been working a deal most of the week and finally got it in my comfort zone. Both were happy.

eveba9er.jpg

harutypu.jpg

ydu5ebav.jpg

1918 Ranger

Schwinnspastic said:
Well my 58 had the opal red and the same center pivot fork and the 56 had the knee action fork with solid colors not opal or
Candy Apple red paint as most know it....just wonderin' :roll:
Mark

Man you are good!

The seller advertised it as a 53 model throughout the negotiations etc. when I ran the ser # J847365 I first came up to the 53 range and their was the J ser # range. I thought ok it's legit but as I looked closer the 53s only had a letter and 5 # digits. This one obviously has 6 # digits. So I looked deeper and well 1958 is the winner.

I was a tad bummed because my other red phantom is a restored 1953 and I wanted both an original and restored pair.

But still happy to get.

You did a great job specing it out. Props to you!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind gestures, Gentlemen

1918 Ranger

Schwinnspastic said:
Well my 58 had the opal red and the same center pivot fork and the 56 had the knee action fork with solid colors not opal or
Candy Apple red paint as most know it....just wonderin' :roll:
Mark

Man you are good!

The seller advertised it as a 53 model throughout the negotiations etc. when I ran the ser # J847365 I first came up to the 53 range and their was the J ser # range. I thought ok it's legit but as I looked closer the 53s only had a letter and 5 # digits. This one obviously has 6 # digits. So I looked deeper and well 1958 is the winner.

I was a tad bummed because my other red phantom is a restored 1953 and I wanted both an original and restored pair.

But still happy to get.

You did a great job specing it out. Props to you!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind gestures, Gentlemen

1918 Ranger

Might not be the 53 you were hopeing for but still a great bike just the same !
out of all the bikes I've had I think I miss the 58 the most , I'm in the process
of pieceing one together....can't afford to buy an original these days though I
was trying to swing a trade at a swap last weekend for a 52 missing the fenders
we just couldn't come to an agreement...he thought it was gold I think it was unobtanium :lol:
Mark

Latest posts

Back