Red Tiger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

I have enough leftover parts from my class two entry for another bike.

So far;

01 Sep 23 red tiger1.jpg

This will need extensions on the dropouts for the fat tire, but only a couple inches.

Last edited:
That frame looks truly beat up and neglected. I am not sure what you plan to do with it, but I kind of like it.

So it is mostly workhorse beat up rather than discarded beat up, kind of thing, rather like some of the things that I see happen to old bicycles and motorcycles on farms here.

Instead of a big rear tire that needs the dropouts extended, I'm going with both red tires 1.75 width, No frame addons should make it a more solid bike. It will probably be given to a family member to free up some shop space later so it needs to hold up well.
Banana seat and sissy bar are on order.
04 Sep 23 red tires.jpg

Parts are all showing up. Lacing the wheels now, 3 cross front, 4 cross rear. The spokes were 2mm too short for 4 cross in the front.
05 Sep 23 parts.jpg

This is the rear measurements, spokes are 195mm.

05 Sep 23 spoke calc.jpg

They'll be painted by hand using acrylic paints and finished with clear coat. This is the tiger bike I made for the wife awhile back. I just did a quick paint job, these next two will be sharper.

225761-331805009-144923105137940-3670168413109633585-n---Copy.jpg

With the heat here and the fan blowing it's dry already and will get assembled later on today. I may use a tensioner and have two speeds like I had planned, but I always seem to get a skip in the chain when I do that. If that happens again, it'll be a one speed freewheel.

26 Sep 23 RT2.jpg

Latest posts

Back