REPAIR STANDS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Has anyone used this work stand before?

Ultimate Support Sport-Mechanic Bicycle Repair Stand
http://bikemart.com/itemdetails.cfm?cat ... 39&id=3174

ultsup_sp_mech_07_m.jpg

ultsup_sp_mech_clamp_07_m.jpg

ultsup_sp_mech_folded_07_m.jpg

I was considering the Park PCS-10, but when I saw this one which is available locally, I thought it looked really nice too.

It raises about 10" higher than the park stand also.

Says it can hold up to 85lbs.

From what I've seen of them the quality looks to be OK on those stands. The Park stands are still the class of the field IMHO, but the Ultimate's seem to be a good value and are robust enough for home use.

What's the price difference between that and the PCS-10 where you are RatRod? It's a $100 difference where I live (but I'm still going for the PCS-10 myself. I like the clamping system on the PCS better)

-Mp

I have an older Park that was a good deal but i think the clamp on this may be easier to use. My Park I use a piece of thick tire tube to shim even on the smallest setting. The screw clamp would accomodate any frame. Just make sure the clamp head rotates.

Yeah the head on mine and I'm sure the one you're looking at rotates 360 degrees, by loosening the screw knob at the back of the post.

I use a park PCS1 at home ,

I have a friend using the ultimate , he's been using it for the past 6 or 7 years he carrys it to downhill races every weekend

myself I have a real nice park stand..its great!

but I must admit..that ultimate stand would be much better for somebody who needs the space ie like me. As much as I love my park stand, it does take up space. Were as that ultimate you can put it away. Besides....we are not full time bike builders who are building umpteen bikes together aday.

I would go for that one steve :mrgreen:

FW

Just found a store locally that is selling the Park PCS-10 for $134.99.

That's cheaper than many places online.

I think the guy even said that they would match any price online. :shock:

I got the PCS-12 for Christmas. It is the bench mount version, but it is the same clamp as teh PCS-10. the clamp is very strong and sturdy and easy to operate.
here is the 1pcs-2 for $80 + $16 to ship. http://cgi.ebay.com/PARK-TOOL-PCS-12-BE ... dZViewItem

If you have a work bench it is great. If you do not, you could mount it to the floor and build tiny bikes for monkeys.

2145741786_4679aac250.jpg

Back