Results from finding this place.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After finding this place, I got the itch again. After seeing some of the pure talent and creativity that this place oozes with, I took a Mongoose BMX bike that I got for $50 at a flea market and built something I can ride on with my daughter.

I stripped the decals off, ditched the gyro and cables, direct cabled the rear brake and rerouted the front cable, changed to BlackLabel pads that stop the bike on a dime. I used Duro repop slick and brick tread tires with whitewalls and red dice. (Ebay) I used part of a scooter frame to make an extended seat post (I'm 6" 1" tall) and then welded the seat stub to the top, filled and repainted the post. Seat is a Bell (WalMart) special for $10. The grips are Renthal-Soft compound grips from my old race bike, that are safety wired to prevent slipping. An old road racer/Motocross trick.

I scored the red/white cable covering months ago for a motorcycle build I did for another guy with red Heritage softail. I had enough left over to do the bike, just to add to the red/white thing. I kinda dig it....

I like the "retro look" with the new style frame and 60 spoke wheels. I just built it to ride with my kid and tool around on, while I build something else.

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5917.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5920.jpg

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5922.jpg

That is so cool! It's awesome to have a bike like that, to cruise around on. I like the sticker but I don't know what it means. :)

RonK said:
That's RAD...and I NEED that sticker!

I repair/build motorcycles. Stickers are from Biltwell. They specialize in repop 3/4 helmets. I just bought a relining kit from them, and they sent a bunch of cool decals.

I know Biltwell..I've got a couple of xs650's under my belt, lol.

RonK said:
I know Biltwell..I've got a couple of xs650's under my belt, lol.

Those make some cool bikes. I've seen a few at JJ back when they allowed that stuff, that were top notch.

Back