TRADITIONAL El Blanco LeTerd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn’t see a carbon road bike catagory so I guess this is traditional. Worked on this a few years ago but only managed to turn it into a white terd.

IMG_1294.jpeg

Can’t get used to the drop bars so want to make this a flat bar cruiser. Will make one more attempt at the bare carbon but may have to paint or do some other type of finish.

Got early progress with a quick sand/polish of the blade spokes for the front wheel.

IMG_1292.jpeg

Found a can of Easy Off in the garage so might strip the hub today….

Didn’t see a carbon road bike catagory so I guess this is traditional. Worked on this a few years ago but only managed to turn it into a white terd.

LeTerd de Blanco has a nice ring to it.

LeTerd de Blanco has a nice ring to it.
I love this so much I decided it’s the perfect name for this bikes current state.

Changed it a bit as this is the cheaper model. The original LeTerd de Blanco actually won the Terd de Fraunch.

IMG_1344.jpeg

See the resemblance? Win on Sunday sell on Monday. This one is actually going up for sale at Sotheby’s. Est 40-60k.

I love this so much I decided it’s the perfect name for this bikes current state.
The original LeTerd de Blanco actually won the Terd de Fraunch.
Honored that you enjoy the name change!

Looks like this was an actual game title (with birds, not bikes)
EDIT: Actually if you look closer, the bird is bombing the cyclists. :D

1714774901873.png
1714775083740.png

Had a decent set of Dia Compe mtb brake levers that should work with the flat bars.

Did a little whittling on them today. Cut the middle to make it a split clamp.

IMG_1348.jpeg

Couldn’t strip them with Easy Off so must be powder coat. Hence the whittling.

First one is always fun. Doing a second turns into a bit of a job.

IMG_1349.jpeg

Awesome idea on the slotted lever mount. And my hands hurt just looking at that! They don't call you Chad the Stripper for nothing.

(he said stripper) :cool2:

Got a new stem in the mail. Really like the look of those loooong MTB stems from the '90s. Didn't realize they made them for 1 1/8 threadless. THis is a KORE Aheadlite stem. Big bucks if you find one in the box. This one was only $10. Quick test fit. Was worried it might have too much rise but looks decent to me.

IMG_1313.jpeg

If I try to take a picture of the dog he will have nothing to do with it but if I want it o get a pic of a bike he’s always “Heywhattayadoin’?”

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1318.jpeg

Need to figure out a way to reduce image size with the phone. Used to always load to computer first and do that but works out easier now to just take from phone to rrb.

Back