Return of the “Hey, that’s cool!” thread...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20230503-073338.png

Were on page 2

Shoot. I had a highlight yesterday, but today I can't remember who or what thread. I guess I will be general. Did anyone see that guy who is building a bike?

@kingfish254 I gotta ask you about that kiddie car you are using, that's an interesting piece. It looks like one of the early Auto Union race beasts.
Auto-Union-Type-C.png
Audi_Engine_Cutaway_Car_Full.jpg
Auto-Union-Typ-C-Motor_1-scaled.jpg

16 cylinders, 270 mph in 1938. Let's just forget about the other history and enjoy the machine a minute

Shoot. I had a highlight yesterday, but today I can't remember who or what thread. I guess I will be general. Did anyone see that guy who is building a bike?

@kingfish254 I gotta ask you about that kiddie car you are using, that's an interesting piece. It looks like one of the early Auto Union race beasts.
View attachment 230647View attachment 230646View attachment 230645
16 cylinders, 270 mph in 1938. Let's just forget about the other history and enjoy the machine a minute

It does resemble that Auto Union beastie. I see these ride on cars all over europe and also in the U.S. They are made by Schylling and come in a variety of color schemes and add-ons. They are kind of expensive, but I only paid 5 or 10 bucks at a yard sale years ago for mine.

I'm going for a different vibe with mine.

20230504_094342.jpg

Thanks guys!

Okay, so the frame isn't coming soon. But I did mention rat-ifying some of my parts as well.
Started on my Soma stem, which is one of my possibilities for the build.

It was gloss bright white. Sanded it with 320 paper,then went to work with paint layers. Dark and rusty colors first, then dab mustard on with old real sponge, then spray with the matte heirloom white.

Let dry, then hose off the mustard,and the white paint sticking to it. Photos....View attachment 230751
View attachment 230752
View attachment 230753
View attachment 230754

I will add some sand and the darkest Multicolor Texture paint tomorrow.

This Ratina (Odd)job!! Absolutely great finish, just wow! And an aluminum stem. :oops:
I can look at this quite some time without getting bored. I wonder how @OddJob made the structure, with sand or 'rust texture' paint?

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that when you quote messages, the pictures don't come along. If you want this thread to read easier, download em from the original thread and repost here so we can see without clicking.
For example, here's that juicy paint job Bart was talking about. (Get it? OJ? Juicy?)
230911-20230504-164742.jpg
230910-20230504-164643.jpg

Oddjob, still the fauxtina master

Last edited:

View attachment 230647View attachment 230646View attachment 230645
Technology ahead of their time ant the tires of the day! My dad had these pictures hanging in the house when I was a kid, now they’re in my hallway
IMG_3854.jpeg
IMG_3853.jpeg

Bubblegum isn't usually my flavor, but Ride 'em High, this looks tasty!
Aw shucks. I am humbled by the honor of being included in the "cool". Though I may be late for the awards banquet as my country currently requires I update my driver's license to board a flight. :cry:Mounties do ride bikes at forested borders, right?

Last edited:
Back