rim sizing question..... HELP!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, SO I BUILT THIS BIKE......... WELL.......... I MODIFIED IT
from this....
l_512c823b0a3a66ad2e632bbeba9fae83.jpg

to this............
l_0f3521f562b79b15682b914717cd8269.jpg

so what i WANT to do is upgrade the wheels... something a lot nicer.... maybe a straight spoked front or one of the types that only have like 10 or 12 spokes.... and if i can, get ahold of a nexus 7 or 8 speed hub......... so i need to figure out WHAT SIZE RIM I CAN FIT IN THIS FRAME...... i wouldnt mind upgrading the fork too....... maybe to a newer carbon fiber style or something, but its a threaded fork now.... can i put the other type in there or what???? also, the tire size NOW is 26 x 1 3/8

SO HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??? OR HAVE THE PARTS LAYIN AROUND TO GIVE IT A TEST FIT???? IVE GOT NOTHIN BUT WHATS SHOWN, AND I DONT WANT TO GO ON EBAY AND BUY A BUNCH OF STUFF THAT WONT FIT!!!!!! THANKS GUYS

uh ohhhhhhhh............ did i stump you guys?!!???? i thought you were un stumpable.... no problem to big for the rat rodders!!!!! WHATS GOIN ON HERE!??!!!?

should be able to fit a balloon tire in there.......
check the diamond frame build off under hoochs entry.and yeah you should be able to run a threadless fork( i know nothing about any new ones except the trip trees...so i cant be much help there)

sorry!....what was that dear? ...could not hear you over the TV :!:

I can not say much about your spoke idea. I'm new at the lace thing...but rims do come in different styles and widths, so anything is possible, but there is not much room for a wider tire on a diamond frame bike.

As for the fit. you will need at least 4 3/4 " for a 3 speed Nexus between the drop-outs. As for a 7 or 8 I'm not sure if its the same or more?

As for a threaded stem to a threadless.....you just need to change the headset.

good luck lets us know how it goes....

oh 24 is back on :mrgreen:

Back