Road trip to Buffalo bicycling museum

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the museum closes anyone for road trip?

• Starting Tuesday, December 2nd , the museum has offered several personally guided tours with Carl & Clary Burgwardt hosting special tours that have, for the past 17 years, only been offered to tour bus operators and large groups. Walk-in visitors generally use a recorded self-guided tour. These tours give much more in-depth details of the intensity and impact of the bicycle's history, the museum's rare treasures, and Buffalo and Western New York's important part of it all.

• These tours will be also be continuing per the following schedule:

Reservations by phone or e-mail are prefered but drop ins are welcome)

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Each tour will start at 7 PM and last approximately 2 hours. The museum will open at 6:30 PM for browsing to insure a prompt 7 PM start of the tours without latecomer interruptions.

• The tours are targeted for adults, seniors and children 4 th grade and up. Cost to participate in one of these tours, by reservation only , will be $10.00 per person (children 15 & under $7.50).

• A brief reception with snacks will follow each tour and participants in each session will have the opportunity to purchase an autographed copy of Carl Burgwardt's “Buffalo's Bicycles” book at half price. Additionally, participants will receive a 15% discount on any other purchases made in the Museum Gift Shop those evenings.

Reservations preferably should be made in advance for these tours and they

will each be limited to about 30 persons per session.

Call or e-mail for reservations 716 - 662-3853 - [email protected]

I have one other person that would like to go to the Buffalo Museum before it closes. On the 6th or 8th of January. I am in Owsego, ny he is in Rochester, ny. Does anyone else want to go out there from NY, Ohio, Penn!!

Two brave souls will be braving the cold to go to Buffalo on Tuesday the 6th. Is there anyone else that would like to go? Also, we are bringing cameras to take photos before it is all gone. Anyone want photos of any special bicycle while we are there?

Re: Buffalo bicycling museum Photos

Here are some of the photos from the Buffalo Pedaling History Bicycle Museum. The bicycles were crowded at times so the photos. There are 114 photos and scoutxit has about the same. We closed the museum and then had a long ride home. 2am before I got home in icy, rainy conditions. 300 miles round trip. At the end I was just getting color scheme photo. Just do ask me to label all the photos. I picked up 2 bicycle books "Buffalo Bicycles" at the museum and found "The Bicycle, A Guide and Manual" by R John Way at an antique store in Rochester, NY.
IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

All 114 of the photos are here at
http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/1220

Back