Roadmaster...Test Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Roadmaster...Seat Done

Excellent job on the seat! I missed this thread as I hadn't joined the forum then (I'm still finding loads of good stuff I've missed!)..and you've got a plasma cutter too! I'm jealous!

Re: Roadmaster...Under the Red Paint!

Well this is what I found under the thick red paint crusty!

imag0516x.jpg

imag0518q.jpg

Self etching primer then some high build primer.

imag0519o.jpg

Just Satin Black hope it will smooth out. Gotta be done for end of Jan. ride in the Fox Valley

Did a little work on the bike painted the black but didn't like the job so scuffed it up for more paint. Did get a seat crash bar of sorts bent and welded.

imag0545q.jpg

imag0546t.jpg

Got the frame repainted and a few bits put on while the paint hardens a bit.

photodec30082801.jpg

photodec30082746.jpg

Re: Roadmaster...seat post ?

I had heard that this frame takes an internal clamp seat post but thought that I could slot the top of the seat tube and use a heavyduty clamp it was still too loose so I built an internal clamp seat post I just need a 10" bolt from menards now. Also started on another addition its on the towel behind the bike can you guess the location?
imag0551v.jpg

imag0552e.jpg

imag0553t.jpg

Re: Roadmaster...seat post ?

Thanks Uncle Stretch and Kevin. I did some welding and bending last nite and a polish job on my mystery tube and got it mounted. Rear truss / Trim? Came out to about the same sheen as the chrome truss rods
(rechromed) in the front.

imag0555.jpg

imag0554ua.jpg

Re: Roadmaster...rear truss rod?

Wow the rear truss rods! I will guess will be copied agian and agian. I will bet at least once :)

Re: Roadmaster...rear truss rod?

Dogdart the tabs were begging me to use them! Uncle Stretch I bet the yellow bike is really sharp with the seat on i like the use of the original seat tube as mounting plate. I got a little more done tonight.
I think I will have to do a laid back seatpost later in the year for a little more cockpit space.

imag0558g.jpg

imag0561h.jpg

imag0562f.jpg

imag0561h.jpg

Back