Rocky Mountain Bicycle Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm heading to the Rocky Mountain Bicycle Show tomorrow. It has tons of frame builders, cruiser stuff and lots and lots of bike stuff. Not to mention free samples from the many craft brewers that are going to be there. I'll take photos and post them tomorrow evening.

for a first time show, it was pretty sweet. Not a ton of cruiser stuff, but the cantilever style frame is making a comeback with a lot of the custom frame builders. There were also a lot of nice townie/commuter style bikes and even a couple of belt drive bikes. Not having been around the hi-tech bike world in a looooong time, there was lots to impress me with. Technology has made it's way to the simpler townie-style bikes. It would be nice to marry some old school to some new school if it wasn't so darned expensive. There didn't seem to be alot of attitude, even with some of the high-end bike guys. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them downloaded off the camera.

well, here's a couple to hold you over until ratdaddy gets his posted. rode the platte trail from up north, saw some cool bikes, had a few beers....smallish show but still fun :D

plenty of traditional builders there, this brian bayliss frame is one example-

DSC01827.jpg

these guys had a cool rat-style pinstripe job on this one (i also liked the matte stainless lugs) and one with a very nice biplane fork-

DSC01841.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

modern wooden frames!

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

nice jug!

DSC01831.jpg

a little culture-

DSC01833.jpg

this shirt made me laugh-

DSC01837.jpg

this fella had some of the prettiest bikes, here's a retro french tourer inspired creation-

DSC01830.jpg

another nice one- check out the shifters. plus racing stripes!

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

retro scorcher style, white industries ss cranks were everywhere-

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

also from blacksheep cycles, a frame with klunker styling, and a cool fork-

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

ww2 graphics on an ultra-modern dave tiemeyer frame-

DSC01828.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

vintage racing bike display-

DSC01836.jpg

and finally, a pugsley style bike from moots with awesome component graphics-

DSC01819.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

here are some bikes from Black Sheep in Fort Collins. Amazing bikes
cruiser style frame (and it's belt drive!)
IMG_6456.jpg

sexy beast note: the big snow bikes all have rear hubs up front as well. The other snow bike has a cassette hub up front. I was told that if the rear freezes up, then you can switch wheels front to back and still keep going. The ultimate survival/extreme bike.
IMG_6458.jpg

townie
IMG_6459.jpg

fancy fork (the welding is just fantastic)
IMG_6460.jpg

integrated rack
IMG_6461.jpg

rear hub
IMG_6462.jpg

Nice Pics! Wish I coulda gone....

oh wow, I would have been in heaven. thanks for posting those pix. great stuff.

Back