ROYAL SPORT? Information Please!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cool ride rolled into the shop this week and I'm having trouble letting the owner know exactly what it is. Help please! Looks like they were a scwhinn knockoff and were sold thru department stores. Correct me if I'm wrong and of course the big question is it worth anything?

I bet it would look good cleaned up and might be over $100 even as it is but I'm not sure. Someone else on here could know more than I.

Cool frame and a Sturmey Archer 3 speed too. I wouldn't call it a Schwinn knockoff as the frame is more Murray, Huffy & other brands double top tubes and beside what I remember reading Huffy had The Penguin not long before Schwinn came out with the Stingray.

The orange one in the link below is another frame style called Jet Star from that same company.

http://www.nemusclebikes.com/bc6.php

The 'Made in W. Germany' suggests it was made by Daimler/Puch/Steyr, a European collective that built most oddball 60's euro-bikes. -Adam

Back