RRB BUILD OFF #5 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
oh BTW
L01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZXJyeS9w-11.jpg

:)
I don't even have a bike yet!!! :mrgreen:
I made this long ago but you can use it if you want to.
smilies-16600.png

sensor said:
Wildcat said:
A pug has his own welder's helmet? That's impressive!

if you look closely theyve got matching hair also :mrgreen:

GREYLOCK.jpg

Hey I'm not building a bike.........I gotta have fun somewhere. :roll:

building rat rod cars is all about cutting factory frames and parts, and welding em back together.
if you removed welding and chopping of factory parts, rat rod cars just wouldn't exsist!

personally i think, if your gonna adopt a style like rat rod to bikes, then chopping and welding is a must!
that or its just not a rat rod in the truest sence of the words.

eventually i believe the rule will need to be changed. the talent pool is off the hook. the bikes on the forum are getting bigger, crazier and cooler all the time. (buzzbomb comes to mind.)

i think before too long the bikes in the build section will become far more interesting than the bikes in the build off. after building a hand full of bikes like buzz bomb, i can't see firebikes going back to re-outfitting a bike with new tires and paint. let alone him reffering to it as a build.

i think the rule about modification is great for the novice builder, but i think you'll find its just holding back our more experianced bike builders. eventually i think we'll loose them in the build off all together.

just food for thought.

i'll be the first to admitt, i'm pushing the envelope. but if it comes down to style vs. following the rules/being allowed to compete......

i'll break the rules and be d.q.'d everytime.

build something cool with what ya got (ratty of course). should be the only rule. maybe bonus points for being the first on the road. (not finished of course, just ridable) cause thats ratty! ((aren't they all on going projects anyhoo?)

why try and stifle the talent pool.
just my $0.02

btw steve, quit scratching your head.this is a fabulous place, with fantastic peeps. whats there to think about? :)

KOTA, did you ever notice dog's look like their owners? I never noticed it til now.
icon_rofl.gif
I laughed so hard ................. I think I wet myself.
I am honored to have taken a permanent place in your photobucket, thanks.

Graylock.

I hate to bring it up again but did we ever come up with a decision on letting us non pinstripers getting pinstriping done on our bikes as an accessory or did we just say do it yourself :?:

letting us non pinstripers getting pinstriping

They make pinstripe tape.Tape it on and peel out the center and paint.also pinstripe decals,spray with clear coat for a durable finish.Or use a liner tool.
One of these ways should work in place of a pinstripper brush.

i say no harm no fowl personally it is an accessory. still waiting on steve to make a judgment call on this. bikes have been done in the past with lines by other artists i think he just wants a final say on it

If you get some lines laid down to accentuate the bike, that is one thing. But if you have a professional cover the bike with lines and scallops and the works, thus making the "paint job" pinstripes, it would be a different thing all together. Just my opinion.

I think I'm just going to take the final pic for the voting without the pinstrips then let him go crazy on it after its over.

sensor said:
9. Paint must be applied by builder.

Speak english, man! We ain't scientists!!

:mrgreen:

says paint.....im guessing that means lettering/sign painting enamels,model paints,spray paint,single stage paint,lacquer paint,base/clear paint,3 stage paint as well...... :p

yeah i know sarcasm when i hear it :lol:

Back