RRBBO -Rat Rod Biker Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aka_locojoe said:
Did we decide if we're giving away prizes to runners up?
Also what about in the case of a tie. Ratrod casts the deciding vote?

I'm afraid I will go into a depression after this is over. Will miss checking in daily and seeing all the new stuff.
it sounds good to me randy
I pretty much took myself out of the running when i cut that frame up then switched to another so I dont care to be judged and I know what you mean
I think I did the first step by step build on this site and it was a ton of fun :)
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16
wish I still had it but I got an offer I couldnt refuse

Suggestion... along with the photos of your finished bike (in the "F.I.N.I.S.H.E.D. bikes here!" thread) post a link back to your build thread.

Simple as visiting your build thread, copying the address from the address bar in your browser and then pasting it in your finished bike thread.
The address you paste will automatically become a link.

I dont know about everyone else but when we started I knew we were gonna make some really cool bikes but I am still BLOWN away by the creativity and ingenuity of all of these great builders! this has been more than fun its been an incredible experience for me personally and every day a new trick a new idea is thought up and our little hobby can only continue to grow ... some other bike hobbiests think we just throw together junk together and call them ratrod bikes but if they watched the progression of these masterpieces they would be truly amazed at the creativity and beauty of what have been built
so I thank you all for being apart of this and I thank you Steve aka Rat Rod once again for building this wonderful forum for us misfits of the bicycle world :)

I was thinking the same thing today at Work.

when I saw Fattroy's Bike i got all chocked up.
Then again I remember WAY BACK when he picked it up..long before the
build off..and he posted up a Pic of it leaning against the old building.

It was very cool as it sat then!
I think this build has brought out the best in all of us...

I have seen stuff that I have NEVER seen before..
and done stuff I thought to myself I couldn't do.

I'm glad to be a part of it...

Kev.

I think this build off as actually helped our hobby to grow. Just think of the people who joined the forum and got their hands dirty just to get in to the fun. There has to be another build off in the spring or summer where all of us, including ratters like myself who live in the snow belt, can show their stuff and "mad skills". I guess we will have even more new members by then who might want to join in the fun. These are great times we live in bros and sister!

Rat on!

xddorox said:
I think this build off as actually helped our hobby to grow. Just think of the people who joined the forum and got their hands dirty just to get in to the fun. There has to be another build off in the spring or summer where all of us, including ratters like myself who live in the snow belt, can show their stuff and "mad skills". I guess we will have even more new members by then who might want to join in the fun. These are great times we live in bros and sister!

Rat on!

RAT ON!

I'm one of those who joined the forum and got their hands dirty just for fun!! :lol: :lol:

My family thinks I'm crazy, I've just bought a brand new bike not even a month ago and now I'm rebuiding ANOTHER old bike and spending more money.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this A LOT. Building my own bike and looking at the others bikes.

Since we are being sentinmental, I too am having fun and building bikes just like when I was 12 years old. This is a great forum with lots of great ideas. Some body should have a sticky thread in the howto section. An index to the new ideas for building. Clothespin's headlight conversion, Locojoe's frame mod, and many others.

Something like this

Paint tutorial

Seat recover

Frame mod

etc......

cman said:
Since we are being sentinmental, I too am having fun and building bikes just like when I was 12 years old. This is a great forum with lots of great ideas. Some body should have a sticky thread in the howto section. An index to the new ideas for building. Clothespin's headlight conversion, Locojoe's frame mod, and many others.

Something like this

Paint tutorial

Seat recover

Frame mod

etc......

Good thinkin' my friend. :lol:

Clothespin "n" said:
I was thinking the same thing today at Work.

when I saw Fattroy's Bike i got all chocked up.
Then again I remember WAY BACK when he picked it up..long before the
build off..and he posted up a Pic of it leaning against the old building.

It was very cool as it sat then!
I think this build has brought out the best in all of us...

I have seen stuff that I have NEVER seen before..
and done stuff I thought to myself I couldn't do.

I'm glad to be a part of it...

Kev.

I myself have had a really good time doing this buildoff too!!! There are some really creative people that I have met through this website. I just wish we all lived closer together so we could all get together and cruise around. Thanks for the comments Kev and everyone!!! Troy

This has been a BLAST!! I've met alot of great peoples I too wish we could ALL ride our build-off bikes together!!! That would be bad***!!!

Back