Salt Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's a bad pic of my new build. It's going to be a salt style racer I think. I'm thinking I want to skin the frame in aluminum to kinda resemble an old belly tanker or race bike. I'm making a swing arm for rear suspension and i'm going to make a front for suspension also. Using 3G Hoggy-G tires. 24 out back and 26 up front. Front rim has disc brakes on it. Coaster in rear.
I'll get more pics up later. It's been a while since I've done a bicycle. Really excited about this one. Problem is I'm doing customer motorcycles at the same time. My shop isn't big enough for all that!

DSC00293.jpg

Well it looks like a great start.... Im diggin the shape of the frame and how it flows.... You should do a single sided swing arm and cowl the opposite side so the swingarm will move inside the skin... Are you a salt racer? Ive been to speed week once time about 12 years ago..... About time I make the trek out to the salt.

WOW, that's exactly what I had planned to do! Where did you get that pic? That's a cool bike. Looks like Fuller....Brian Fuller. He makes cool motorcycles and stuff.

Monster,
I don't do salt racing, but I've helped build some cars for the flats. My favorite on is a 1949 Ford Flathead truck that we did a few years ago. I'll see if I have pics.
As for the bicycle, The swing arm won't be single sided. That's a cool idea though. I could make an extra one like that though to see how it would turn out.

that is really nice, with your permisson, I would like to maybe copy your set up for my trike build, if you would let me, I do like it lots

by all means...copy away! Can't wait to see it with a trike. I am actually going to make a bolt on trike kit that I can use on this frame. Thought it would be cool to have two in one! Thanks for the compliments.

Very very nice. That is a killer design. That is gonna be a jaw dropper for sure....

was wondering what size tubing you use for the main tubes? do you have any 1.625" tubing? as I need to move my bottom bracket up 2.500" higher, that is why I'm asking about the 1.625" tubing, thank's

That is just about the coolest thing I've seen! I LOVE the rear leaf set-up! Moving it inboard of the seat tube is really going to nail the look.

One suggestion: please don't cover it up! Aluminium panelling would be sweet, but that frame is sweeter!

Can I ask if the spring is off-the-shelf or custom-made for the application?

Back