San antonio TEjas ! First Friday! Oct. 6 7PM. meet and greet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SATX new pics! Thursday Nite Ride 8/14 8pm acapulco!

Yeah man, if you make it tonite, everybody has lots to talk about...the picnic, club names, beer.....everybody will get all the info.

Too bad I couldn't make it tonight. I'm interested to know more about the picnic. I'll be at the Brack Attack on Saturday, though.
By the way, I came back from Austin with a Flightliner and a Spaceliner today. It's all your fault, Ben. Totally not cool.

BLASTER said:
The wifee was not injured.
The truck is actually drivable.
I'll see what I can do about tonight.
Jimmy told me about the picnic yesterday.
I'm outta the loop!

Sorry to hear about the wreck, Blaster. Glad no one got hurt :D

jimw1960 said:
By the way, I came back from Austin with a Flightliner and a Spaceliner today. It's all your fault, Ben. Totally not cool.
Flightliner AND a Spaceliner! You're my hero, Jim.... 8)
Lookin forward to manana...and yes, Ben is totally not cool.

Tomorrow?
Is the pic-a-nic tomorrow?

Totally bummed I didn't make the scene last night.

Blaster, the picnic is going to be around the first week in sept, still planning, I sent you a pm.

Mike-I am totally cool.

Jim- congrats on the two new rides,I am have a feeling I am going to be jealous when I see that spaceliner. I had to talk myself out of buying it.

Tomorrow's ride is the bRack Rat attack, starting at 9:00am from Augies Bbq. Updates on page 1.

BLASTER said:
Tomorrow?
Is the pic-a-nic tomorrow?

Totally bummed I didn't make the scene last night.

Blaster, Tomorrow is the Quasi-Biweekly Brack Rat Attach ride. We meet at 9:00 a.m. in the parking lot by Augies BBQ near Brackenridge. I see that Ben already updated the info on page 1 of this thread.

Ben, Spaceliner is nice, horn and lights still work, missing the chainring piece and rear reflectors, though. After getting it home and trying to ride it, I think it is too small for me. I'll try some adjustments to get the seat farther back, but if I can't ride it, it may be up for sale in the near future. Of course, for you, I'd sell it at cost. Probably the same situation with the flightliner, but I haven't tried riding that yet. I found a spaceliner springer fork on ebay, but trying to decide how much it is worth before bidding on it. I'm figuring $75 tops, but that may be too generous.

Re: SATX new pics! Brack Rat Attack Sat 8/15 9am Augies BBQ!

hey guys i don't think i can make the Saturday ride but i do think i can do the Sunday ride though.when are where is it?

Whats up, Manny? I think the sunday ride is the Espada ride. The guys meet up at Scott's, then roll out to Espada park.

Jim, if you decide to sell either one, I am interested, especially in the spaceliner.

Page 1 is updated, ride for saturday is a go!

See everybody tomorrow.

Oh and we talked about some names for the bike club, so I need to ask EVERYONE for their opinions, throw some names out there and the top three will get voted on. Some names:

1. The San Antonio Brewzers
2. Texas Beer y Bike Club
3.Rivercity Rats
4. The Alamo Defenders

ok there are mine....throw some in guys and gals.

I liked the Rivercity Rats
or how bout the the
Rivercity Goons

meezonweelz said:
Whats up, Manny? I think the sunday ride is the Espada ride. The guys meet up at Scott's, then roll out to Espada park.
cool thanks.i'll give mojo a call on sunday than.

Flora voted for River City Rats.
I second the motion.
She also suggested "totally not cool" as a motto.
Maybe Mike could draw us a logo.

im at work at 945 am saturday moring and got a call from lupe that people were waitng on, jim, mike, benz, for the brack attack ride, anyhow they left already just the few of them, just letting you guys know

Sorry about not makin it this a.m., guys. :x Couldn't sleep last night.

benz said:
Jim, if you decide to sell either one, I am interested, especially in the spaceliner.

Page 1 is updated, ride for saturday is a go!

See everybody tomorrow.

Oh and we talked about some names for the bike club, so I need to ask EVERYONE for their opinions, throw some names out there and the top three will get voted on. Some names:

1. The San Antonio Brewzers
2. Texas Beer y Bike Club
3.Rivercity Rats------that's mines! don't be a stealer :mrgreen:
4. The Alamo Defenders

ok there are mine....throw some in guys and gals.
Also-
- The Krustee Rusteez
- Checkpoint Charlie Crashers
- Sprocket Rocket Rollas
- S.A. Six Pack Cycles
- Rotgut Riders
- Boozin' B_____d Bicycles
- Lockstep Goners
- The Lot Lizards...hehe jk

MOJO- the new riders found us, seems like they showed a little early.But they ran into Lupe and found us at the Pearl, and we had us a good ride to the Alamo and back. Thanks for the heads up though.

Thanks to Richard and Aylssa(did I spell that right?) for coming out on your first ride with us, hope you come back. You know how to get a hold of me.

Looks like the tenative date for the picnic is going to be the first weekend in Sept, thanks for all the response, I 'll let everybody know what we can bring.

Mike- I kinda like "the Goners"

Got a lot of votes for The Rivercity Rats, we shall see, talk to everybody soon.

the river city rats is not flowing well over here , the name texas brewzerz & bike cruizerz was a good name , the reason for the rats not having a following is cuz the name Rat Rod is played out in a sense, before we made and rode our bikes that term is used LOT IN THE HOT ROD & CUSTOM scene that we are a part of due to our rides. Even this forum misuses the term rat rod bikes, that term is most commonly used for real rat rod motorcycles, trust me im not bashing anyone here but i know the term rat is new and fresh to alot of you and we dont mind ussing it now and then when we describe our bikes from time to time, but in general the term rat bikes is a classificATION, and not really a unique name, sorry guys, us and the lords vote no on that one. :D

Mojo makes a good point. I'm not thrilled with "brewzers" and variations of that name, though, because it makes it sound like beer is the central focus. We all like our beer, but not sure it should be our identity. I'm thinking we need someting that highlights both San Antonio and love for giving new life to old bikes. Maybe someting like the "Alamo Rust Brigade" or "Rivercity Rust Riders." Anyways maybe we can narrow it down to a short list and vote on it at the picnic since we'll have a good turnout there. Or we can remain nameless as a group and just name the individual rides. mis dos centavos.

Back