San antonio TEjas ! First Friday! Oct. 6 7PM. meet and greet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sAN aNTONIO TEJAS!!!! TIME TO ROLL!!

329.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

338.jpg

casualty of war
339.jpg

340.jpg

only bout a block to go to the cars, but it was all in good fun! :lol:

Freakin' awesome man, what a fun ride. great pics too. Seeing the pics just gets me goin for Blue Star.

meezonweelz said:
Jon- We usually ride from blue star all around that area on the first friday of every month. It's called, uh,well First Friday, and theyve got art shows, music and beer. Lately theres been a bigger bike turnout every month. Always a blast. Come back down!

when I was there it was during fiesta and thru the 5th !!! and i made it to one of the first fridays. we have them here also.
I'm thinking of going to the Austin "Tour De Fat" in october and San Antone is a close drive to maybe ride with you guys.
i'll let you know closer to that date.
Say hello to Hank from helotis bicycles for me!!!

Jon- That sounds great, the more the merrier! Were tryin to get a frequent thing goin, so that'll increase the odds we'll be out. Incidentally, me and Benz went out to Helotes Bicycles yesterday for the first time. Hanks an awesome guy, and man, he has the most envy inducing bike collection I have ever seen. Like a museum... :shock: Plan on goin back soon, Ill tell him hello for ya.

Great pictures. Can't wait for the next one. Sounds like we are set to do in again next Saturday, June 27. I agree on making it a longer route. Is everyone OK with keeping the 9:00 a.m. start time at Brackenridge? Stopping at the Alamo for a raspa seems like a must-do. From there we could roll to Main Plaza or Market Square. Round trip would be just over 8 miles, which is reasonable. If we decide on a consistent route, people could join the ride at any point if they can't make it to the early start at Brackenridge. Any other ideas?

Hank is an awsome guy and yes an unbelievable collection. He sold me the bike in the pics i posted, the one with the serapi seat cover " i made the cover". new tubes,tires and chain and the bike cost me 65.00 buckaroo's its a late 40's or 50's dayton i also added some fender art!!!

keep up riding more will follow. jon

lowmojo said:
say we raid the next first friday wit all our Rat Bikes, what da ya think? in a good way of course just showing off our bikes and stuff!!!
i would be down for that just let me know.i live just down the street so i can meet up for sure

I am in for sure for the Blue Star ride on first friday. Let's just pick a time and then we can meet up in front of the blue star bike shop and just stack our rides up!

Hey everybody me and mike and the gals were at Brack this morning and took a ride to the Market and then on to the Alamo, really nice ride but hotter than sin.Stopped at Augies to eat...think we saw some of the Lonestar Lords there...anybody? Anyway,that would be a great route for the 27th Jim, and I am cool with same time and same place, won't be late again...ha

jon said:
Hank is an awsome guy and yes an unbelievable collection. He sold me the bike in the pics i posted, the one with the serapi seat cover " i made the cover". new tubes,tires and chain and the bike cost me 65.00 buckaroo's its a late 40's or 50's dayton i also added some fender art!!!

keep up riding more will follow. jon
65$! Man, he's even cooler than I thought. Gonna stop by tuesday, lookin to build a bike for my lady, and hes gonna straighten the fork on my build off bike viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17065

can I go too? I need to take some pics of Hank's place just..plain sick.

65$! Man, he's even cooler than I thought. Gonna stop by tuesday, lookin to build a bike for my lady, and hes gonna straighten the fork on my build off bike viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17065[/quote]

Hey dont get me wrong it took a couple days just to get him to sell me a old bike!!! :D
By the way i just got the go ahead from one of my cruiser buddies and were going to the tour de fat for sure :shock: Watch out san antone!
so rally all the rat rodders near S/A and lets blow away the tour!

cool pic , guys super rad bikes, just let me know when the next ride and i will be there , if any one needs a bike to ride that day i have a couple ,

marsho said:
cool pic , guys super rad bikes, just let me know when the next ride and i will be there , if any one needs a bike to ride that day i have a couple ,

Next ride is next Saturday, June 27, for sure. Meet at 9:00 a.m. at Brackenridge Park in near the Japanese Gardens. If you park in the lot between Augie's Barbeque and Sunken Garden theater, you'll have no trouble finding us. I'll post on craigslist again later in the week.

I'm also down for the meeting up on the next First Friday at Bluestar.

Just a quick update, me and Mike are working on a flyer for S. A Riders to post up at the local shops and to get the word out. After that we are going to meet up with Jimmy at Blue star to see if we can snag some prime real estate in front of the shop so we can park our rides. Also, let's start getting a nite time ride/beer cruise going. See if we can find a good route to hit a few ice houses up.

The wife and I are heading down that way tonight to see Ruben V shred his guitar at Casbeers. Not on bikes, though.

Jim- Just wondering if you were going to post another CL ad for this saturdays ride? How was Rueben V? Also, Alamo Pizza is having a big Fourth of July celebration and me and drea are going to ride down there and get a prime spot to see the woodlawn fireworks, if anybody wants to go let us know.

Ben, the CL add will be up in a few minutes. I'll also let the folks know who were interested in the last ride but couldn't make it for whatever reason. Ruben V was great, as always. July 4 sounds great, but we'll be vacationing in Calif. starting that day, we'll have to settle for fireworks over San Francisco Bay, although Woodlawn Lake is probably much better :)

jimw1960 said:
Ben, the CL add will be up in a few minutes. I'll also let the folks know who were interested in the last ride but couldn't make it for whatever reason. Ruben V was great, as always. July 4 sounds great, but we'll be vacationing in Calif. starting that day, we'll have to settle for fireworks over San Francisco Bay, although Woodlawn Lake is probably much better :)
so it looks like we all will be out there in full force, howza bout yall? roll CALLLLLLLL

Back