"Sarcasmatron" rideable?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Sarcasmatron"

yeah i tried showing him how to do frame stands but you know how kids can be(I KNOW WHAT IM DOING!!!SHEESH DAD!!) :roll:
well.....after that video i discovered some problems with the wheels. they wont hold true at all!
so after i made a truing stand..
IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

and trued them three times and rebuilt them twice as well and even over tensioned them to try to get them to hold shape/tension....
rode the bike last night and did a footjamb tailwhip and couldnt ride away from it(guess why :x )
i finally gave up and the wheels went back to the shop so im going to go new school this time...left hand drive :mrgreen:
purist may cringe when they see whats going to be done so i can use the rear wheel but....value isnt a concern since itll be handed down to the boy
anyway....these may end up being my finished pictures if the new wheels dont come in time :lol:
IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

yup...names changed(again :lol: ) now we have SARCASMATRON
ohdramaimage-1.jpg

anyone have a black aero seat they want to trade for a white one or sell?

Looking sweet and I love the new name.

looks like i may some how have everything lined up enough to do the mods and still make the deadline(or so a little birdy told me) :shock:
heres a short video for your entertainment....

nope my build isnt cool enough for bunnies(well only the one i posted :lol: )
ohh...the birdie was right!
IMG_0539.jpg

i can go either way now(HEY! JUST MY DRIVE TRAIN!!!)...
IMG_0542.jpg

just mocking...
IMG_0541.jpg

hmmm....axle is 14mm and the drop out is 10mm what to do?
:idea:
pretend its the 90s when everyone was converting to bigger axles!
cant file it down since its a hollow axle and there isnt a solid replacement that i can get...
IMG_0557.jpg

gonna need this...
IMG_0558.jpg

and this...
IMG_0559.jpg

and lots of this(not really its only 1/8" that needs to go)...
IMG_0560.jpg

ohh well i guess that frame just lots all it value(like i said im not gonna sell it its going to the boy so who cares!!!) :lol:
now i just need some cranks and a tiny chainwheel....

I've never been a BMXer, but that's a good looking bike man!!

Re: "Sarcasmatron" THE FIRST CUT HURTS THE MOST!

:cry:
ohhh well.......
IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

but i guess it was worth it(besides...its only an 1/8" missing and i can easily add that back if i want to!)
Ooo00OooOooooooooo!spinning wheels....go round and round!
IMG_0563.jpg

it tracks fine so itll work(still need to take it to the skatepark and beat it up a little before i know how well itll hold up...its fine on flat though :D )....
IMG_0566.jpg

yeah i know my tires on SDRAWKCAB just bolted it up so i put the chain on to try it out :wink:
i think the bars and brakes and seat will go(until the boy starts using it then the brakes will be back) away next!
ohh yeah...i am keeping all the parts i originally had on it so it can go back in time easily :wink:

*man i really need to read what i write before i hit enter :roll: *

Re: "Sarcasmatron" *complete with Bike check!*

well i discovered to be cool now you have to do a BIKE CHECK VIDEO!
so figured id jump on board :lol: bars and seat will be changing soon(maybe before the deadline...maybe not.)
ill try to do an edit video as well(another thing you gotta have to fit in!) once i get my tailwhips wired.i can only do them old man style and cant hop into them yet(but im getting closer :roll: )

You rock man!!!
You got a video!!! :p

Looks sweet! 8) 8) It's only a bike!! :wink:

Re: "Sarcasmatron" A STITCH IN TIME...OR THE SUGAR SKULL UPDATE

oleskool said:
:eek: :shock: :? :cry: :x :!: :| what the h*** did you do you should have got another bike or a new skool bike! why destroy a piece of bmx history!
oh dear.....
well....im the one who saved all the money i earned(slave wages!) working in corn fields for 3 summers to buy it so i can do what i want with it :wink:
although i do respect the fact that you have respect for the past(in my eyes a good thing!) and i didnt really do anything that cat be un-done really easily(look at the second picture in my last post...youll note the drop out is only widened 1/16" on each side and only 1/2 way on them....i did that for a reason...
like i said it can go back in time w/o any problems!
i.e. i can still run a 3/8" axle with a 20x 1.75 tire as is...and if i want to go back to all 3/8" all i have to do is put back 3/4"x 1/16" on the drop outs(i can do that w/o destroying the paint also.)
i think this is less butchery than what people are calling "restorations" on these...you know send them to get media blasted(get rid of any o.g. PAINT),powder coated, and then use re-pop stickers.
but you are completely entitled to your opinion about this(just wanted to state mine)....but its is what it is and i am using it...unlike before when it hung on my shop wall and that was all.

anyhow.....

couldnt find a seat that i liked(still looking for a black seat but havent found anything i want/can afford yet) so i figured i may as well take an old flannel and make a seat cover...dont worry no pendeltons were harmed in this update!
IMG_0576.jpg

nice and soft now(well all except the plastic under the 1/64" of flannel :lol: )!
just about have this thing wrapped up now(yeah pun was intended :roll: )...
i even made another seat post :shock:
still waitin on my bars to get to the lbs(fingers crossed but not holding my breath) before the deadline since thats the last thing before this is done enough for final pics.
ohh whole bike as it sits....
IMG_0575.jpg

and sugar skull!
IMG_0579.jpg

it is but the frame stand thingies(under the seat) are beating the heck out of my calf from doing footjam tailwhips(still cant hop into them!closer but not there yet :x :x :x )
ohh btw i found some 1" tubing thats straight so itll be headed your way this weekend :mrgreen:

The only bad thing about this bike is that you've said you're keeping it, because I want it now!

sensor said:
it is but the frame stand thingies(under the seat) are beating the heck out of my calf from doing footjam tailwhips(still cant hop into them!closer but not there yet :x :x :x )
ohh btw i found some 1" tubing thats straight so itll be headed your way this weekend :mrgreen:
Cool!!!

The seat works well with the white.
Cool bike.

Re: "Sarcasmatron" BARS,BRUISES,& B******G

final update since its done and finished pictures have been taken :shock:
anyhow....i got my bars yesterday(they came in a few minutes before i got to the bike shop...talk about timing!)
guess what, they still make bmx stuff here in the U.S. :shock:
support S&M bikes(they have a lifetime warranty for all their stuff also) when you can and keep em around!
ohhh bars(s&m grand slam xlt's)
IMG_0585.jpg

i wasnt lying when i said those frame standers are beating the heck out of me(dont mind the pasty chicken leg)!
IMG_0588.jpg

was going to try and get to a few spots last night but when i was ready to load up and go this happened....
IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

cant tell in those pictures but the wind was crazy and it was raining :roll:
oh well. the sun will come out tomorrow (so they say)....
122_4023.jpg

i guess THEY were right!
opps...i still havent put my rear tire on forward yet!
and dont forget..........

bikewars.gif

FINISHED THREAD & PICTURES

Back