schnell-boardtrack cycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool seat! i think you should cut holes in it, like a tractor seat has, to make it look even MORE racey!

thanks for all the great comments...I like the embossing idea with the shapes. I didn't even think of that. I
think it might be a lot of work 'cause i'd have to tap them all up and then shape them/ file them up and I didn't want to spend
that much time on them...I also like the idea of painting them...didn't think of thet either!!!
it's probably because I thought of it one way and haven't continued thinking about it.

seeing as I was working with alloy...I was in the mood to continue making stuff, so I decided to
make up a tank for the bike. It had to be a square-ish style tank 'cause that was the period I was
going for...early 1910-20 style. here are some pics of the tank made up...again I forgot to take pics
whilst working...probably because I worked hard to finish without too many breaks.
tank1.jpg

here's the tank after alot of hand sanding to get some round-ish edges.
tank2.jpg

here's a close up of the front part of the tank that comes back in towards the head tube.
I didn't want to take away the attention from the shapes of the head tube.

g kustom kuhl said:
again I forgot to take pics
whilst working...
:lol:

The other day while I was working on something on the 18, I kind of "woke up" in the middle of making something and realised I had been so into what I was doing that I had also forgot to take pics. Heck I had forgot my cup of coffee too! :D

the hours fly by...and you don't realize what's been really going on, just that you have to finish the train
of thought and what you're doing!!
the tank will be held in with some [3] plummber pipe metal clamps, that I will get chromed.I'm also
thinking of polishing the tank to match the seat...but I want to sign write on it too.
this is a pic of the bike so far with the seat and tank sitting roughly in place. I also had some time to
finish the smoothing out of the frame and primed it in some red-brown primer.
schnelltype.jpg

sidemockup.jpg

Back