Schwinn Bike Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've got two bikes I'm working on. The first has been an ongoing project that I work on as I find the right parts. It's a late '60's Schwinn Stingray that has been a BMX bike since the mid '70's. It was my brother's but I've been riding it on and off since the early '80's. I've had to re-weld it in a few places as the abuse of offroading it took its toll. I plan on building it up as a "retro-bmx" bike, meaning that I'm trying to get period correct pieces. I built my first Schwinn bmx bike using motocross motorcycle handlebars and lowered the banana seat all the way down. I've got NOS Ashtabula neck, forks and cranks. I also have a set of motomags and rat trap pedals. I plan on painting it black using a grey ghost seat. I also want to use the Maxxis Max Daddy tires 20 x 2.0. It should look pretty cool. Bike two is a late '50's maybe early '60's (pre stingray) 20 inch Typhoon. I plan on building it up as a small "bobber". It's a cool frame because the 2 small bars under the top bar are straight rather than curved.

I'll post pictures of the projects soon.

Neal

sounds like you got a 62 typhoon 20", harder to find than the 24s and 26s i hear. theres a pic of weeman floating around somewhere with his :D

also ive got some new condition bmx hunte-wilde grips that came on the schwinn scramblers for $15 shipped if you want em. posted in the classifieds somewhere :mrgreen:

Back