schwinn cycletruck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this came into work today and i was giddy when i saw it. I tried to keep my cool to buy it. hopefully i my luck improves the second time around.
cycle.jpg

Hope the guy doesn't fix it up too much. Its a survivor right now!

There used to be a guy here local who "FIXED" bikes, and when I say fixed them he FIXED them like a vet Fixes a dog! lol

He painted them all together tires and all. He would take a part from one and stick it on another. When he was finished it was a cluster ??? The only Spray Chrome tires I had ever seen! lol :D

You guys get some pretty interesting bikes down there! I saw your posting before about spending a copious amount of time working on Rod Brakes. I think that was Dave's '52 Raleigh wasn't it? If that was what you were referencing, the brakes worked fantastically afterwards.*

Wes

*Fantastic is a relative term for rod brakes. Great on flat ground, terrible on BIG Cincinnati [Liberty] Hills.

it says queen city blue print co. with the old telephone number that included letters. yes wes i wanted to shoot myself during the fixing of those brakes

i rode this beast home from work today (a couple miles) and realized its for sure not meant for anyone over 6 ft tall. Who cares, its sweet. i started wire wearing a lot of the chrome and that was busting off a lot of the rust.
untitledshoot-6861.jpg

untitledshoot-6866.jpg

look closely. the left seatstay is bent in but the frame is still straight
untitledshoot-6864.jpg

Awesome find! I never wanted one of those till I saw one up close. Now at least I know enough to grab one if I ever see it.

What year is it? It looks early 50's? Nice project- what are your plans with it?

--Rob

i havent tried to figure out the serial number yet. its 50s im pretty sure because the drivetrain isnt skiptooth. its just cool to find local bike memorabilia.

I am thinking hard about using a cycle truck as next years RRB build. You could put a pretty wide wheelbarrow slick on one of those!

Back