Schwinn Lil Chik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months ago, a friend gave me a ROUGH Schwinn Lil Chik to fix up for my daughter....she's three, so I'd have plenty of time....

However, tonight I went outside and began taking the bike apart....I noticed the crank is bent, and I started thinking it might have been backed over in the driveway once upon a time. I then noticed that the sissy bar is bent on one side....more evidence. Once I had 90% of the parts removed from the frame, it appears that the whole back of the frame is a bit out of whack, which sucks because I was looking forward to this....should I continue or write it off?

I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow....I wish I had taken a pic of the bike before i took it apart though!

Well if you need I have a Slik Chik Frame and probably crank. $10-15 + shipping

Really? That would be great if it's a straight one. My wife said something like "Just buy her a new one," but I want her to have something special, plus I'd like to put it together, you know?

If it has a good clean crank, cool, if not, that's ok too....pretty much everything but the frame was going to be replaced anyway....like I said, I have plenty of time!

Back