schwinn project.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got a schwinn. plan is to make it a ratrod cruiser. ill put up some 'before' pics so i can get some opinions maybe or suggestions. excited.

-------

ok so its been a few days since i got the bike and i havent done much to it and i did take a few pictures but it seems i lost the cable to be able to upload pictures and my computer cant read the memory card it uses. SO...i will upload one picture (not my bike). the brake cables were very weak and snapped on the test ride after i turned the handle bars down. therefore, i am thinking of how to run my new front brake line and how to operate it. the cable runs through the top arch of the frame and comes out approx six inches in front of the seat post. i have three ideas.

1. run it thru the frame and have a lever attached to the frame where the line comes out (like a handbrake like in a car, but push instead of pull)

2. run it thru the frame and where it comes out, attach it to a small grip to pull on directly (like the grip and cord you pull on to turn on a lawn mower)

3. run the brake line horizontally along the frame, attach it to another part of the frame, and then to operate the brake just pull up on the line itself.

any suggestions, comments, ideas, or warnings welcome.

also...whats the process for uploading pictures. when i click img i just get that >>>> idk what to do from there O_O

---------------------------

ok finally worked out the picture situation.
here they are.

inspiration:
evenawesomerbike.jpg

simplerat.jpg

when i first got the bike
_1214097.jpg
_1214099.jpg
_1214098.jpg

removed the seat, removed the brakes, and put the twist style shifter ( 6 speed ) on the end of the handlebars
0125112152a.jpg

brake situation. as of now the rear brake is totally removed. i would like to have a front brake but i dont know what to do as to setup. any ideas are appreciated. this picture is of the brake like i have running along the frame, temp. till i figure out what to do.
0125112151a.jpg

seat situation. i have two ideas. custom make one in the shape and approx position of the rack.
_1274131.jpg

or bend the post and have it approx here
_1274133.jpg

------

as of now, i need a headlight and taillight, thinkin about a rear fender, a seat, and paint job. (thinkin about a springer fork too)

this is what it looks like.

lowered the handlebars significantly. might go even lower. you can also see my temp. headlight :p
_1284135.jpg

my EXTREMELY temp. seat (hand towel in a ziplock bag zip tied to the old rack) that i threw on just to go for a test ride to see how the bike felt.
_1284139.jpg

and the whole thing as of 8:42 pm easter time 1/28/2011
_1284138.jpg

Back