Schwinn Sierra/Spitfire/unk/Mirada/Exerciser/DX900 Trek/1000 and parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's full load.

1955 Schwinn Spitfire resto mod. repaint, Sugino Maxy bmx crank on a sealed 1 piece bb, Rear caliper brake adapter, bmx bars, front canti's on a 1980s Schwinn mtb fork. Alloy wheels. Single freewheel. Shrink wrapped aluminum seat post.

Schwinn Mirada teal. 1988.

Schwinn Sierra. The black chrome version. 1987. This is about the best condition of any of the black chrome Schwinn's I've ever seen. A thin lacquer on chrome scratches very easily.

Schwinn mtb. Repaint. Not sure what the model is. 1987. Schwinn had a separate mountain bike catalog that year . Any one got one?

Trek 1000. 1987. Looks to be 100% stock, even the tires. Very nice condition. Ridden on Ragbrai XXII in 1994. 60ct x 57tt. About the 3rd year for the bonded aluminum frames. (the first year mostly failed, then Trek figured it out)

Schwinn Exerciser DX 900 in white. Never seen one in white before. The led display even works but is a bit slow. Probably needs new batteries which aren't easy to get to. Has some extra mtb bar ends. More places to hang clothes.

This is quite rare. 1970 Schwinn Exerciser in green. I'd guess 95% of all Schwinn exercisers were gold or coppertone so any other color is a relief. The local coop has few exerciser seats so one of those will go in it. The speedo head is seized. I disconnected the cable to prevent any more damage before head surgery.

IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_7493.JPG
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_7503.JPG
IMG_7517.JPG
IMG_1943.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG

Wow, some really good stuff there. That Spitfire is my favorite, but all 3 of those Schwinns look really good, looks like they didn't skimp out on the builds. Some really nice bars in the heap too, the bullmoose look like they have some decent chrome, have you checked them for a brand mark on the stem? Also, that gold cruiser bar looks pretty, and I always like a slingshot stem. Great haul!

That black one could be another Sierra or High Sierra. Could be a Mesa or Mesa Grande. You'd hafta check the numbers since it was most likely repainted. Schwinns labels weren't sticker back then, they're painted on.

Latest posts

Back