Schwinn Silver Bullet (formerly DMC-12)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thought i might as well get rid of this bike, since it has done nothing but sit around. I figured since the first delorean sort of failed, i would start again, and create another, better rendition.

Basically i switched out the bars, Neck, Rear wheel, seat and seat clamp. Everything else remained the same. Oh yeah, the headbadge too!

I think it turned out wonderful.
Bikes002.jpg

Bikes003.jpg

Bikes004.jpg

Bikes005-1.jpg

Bikes006.jpg

Bikes007.jpg

Bikes009.jpg

Its for sale if anyone is interested....PM me!

Gold Street Customs said:
What kind of tires are those ?
The name escapes me...but i just picked up another set...

slacker said:
Diggin' the crank and chainwheel. Great build thematically, but I'm kinda meh on the seat. Needs something a bit fancy.

Are you going to Ann Arbor? Want me to drag anything along?
I had a fancier seat, but holding onto it for the next delorean.

Ill send you a Pm!
Rat Rod said:
Looks great...very lean and mean looking!
Thanks!

turned out nice ,is that a balloon frame or middle wieght ?

Sold!

All i had to do was raise the seat, change it and raise the neck. The guy buying it happend to be in love with deloreans. I love the fact that he liked the fact that i was a delorean...Woo!

NICE :wink: , CLEAN AND SMOOTH RIDE READY TO HIT ANY TRAIL REALY A GREAT BUILD :!:

Guess who the buyer was....

<<<<<<<

:mrgreen:

It has been under constant modification since I bought it, playing around with different stems, bars, grips, and everything else. Im kind of sorry to say it doesnt look as sleek anymore, but it suits my needs better. I'll create a new thread for it to show progress. I have more plans for it.

FYI, Dingo can sure build a bike. This is one solid and smooth riding coaster. 8)

It may also be seen in a major motion picture as well. Details in the upcoming thread.....

This is the new build thread.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26618

They are filming a new action/ suspense thriller in SE michigan called Jinn (to be released around Christmas). While riding through my downtown area, I ended up on set for the new movie. They were filming a night car chase scene through the tight city streets. The area in which I was in was within camera shot, and the car sped by/ did donuts in front of me (literally just feet away) numerous times. I was casually sitting on the bike the entire time. There is a slim possibility both the bike and I will be in the background for a second or two during this chase scene.

Here is some good quality shots of the action (not filmed by me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zkW5QHEvCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2GpMIRB ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSiG3ptk ... re=related

This is what I saw. Unfortunately all I had was my cell phone, so I apologize for the crappy footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3cU7Fff ... re=related

I witnessed 10-15 or so takes before getting bored and going home, all from different points of view. But my cell phone takes such crappy video I didnt bother to film any more.

I did have to agree to "give up all rights to my likeness in the motion picture Jinn being filmed on this location" before I could enter the set. So there is a tiny possibility your old bike may be seen on film. :mrgreen:

TheFlyingDingo said:
Thats totally cool.

I dont see any cameras?

In the second and third videos, the camera is just on the other side of that buildings corner behind that small black fence/ rail setup. It was facing down the street so it could shoot the car driving away.

TheFlyingDingo said:
What is the movie about?
I looked it up a bit on the internet...now i want to see it
lol

It is the traditional story of the Jinn. The west twisted and molested the Jinn into the friendly gift giving Genie. But the original story is much more sinister and grim. A Jinn is an evil spirit that lives in objects (including, but not limited to, lamps). It feeds off of people by granting them their wishes. However most of the wishes granted arent exactly what the person wants.

Example:

A Jinn approaches a greedy business man and asks him what he desires. The greedy business man asks for a million dollars in his account by the end of the week. The Jinn accepts. Said business man's mother, at the same instant, is preparing to fly to see him via airline. She decides it would be a good idea to sign her son as the beneficiary on the back of the ticket in case something happens to her en route. She boards the plane, it takes off, it explodes, she dies, the airline deposits one million dollars into the business mans account as restitution, wish = granted.

There was a few low budget movies done in the 90's on the subject called "Wishmaster", but to my knowledge this is the first big budget rendition of the story.

Back