Schwinn Stingray Milk Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does the rear disc work well and what did it come from????? the rear caliper mount / fender mount on my moto stingray is about to break and have been looking for options with out breaking the bank.

It works about as nice as the original schwinn discs (in other words, front brake necessary) I got the whole back wheel from Yeshoney, I think Shimano made the hubs in the 70's. I just like the looks of a disc brake rear/drum brake front on a stingray. I think your only option is a disc front hub on the moto-ray, both sides of the rear hub are sprockets, right?

Dang Kevin (right?), That thing is sweet! Are you thinkin' the next one will be the your "buildoff" bike?
This one should be a keeper.

JoKeR63 said:
Dang Kevin (right?), That thing is sweet! Are you thinkin' the next one will be the your "buildoff" bike?
This one should be a keeper.
Yep, that's me :D This one is definitely my keeper. I have another musclebike all drawn up in my head if we do have a build off. For now I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Uh oh, someone sad rad again! :D
6a00d83457626269e200e54f49ebeb8834-.jpg

I couldn't help myself, I'm a "RAD" freak.

Back