Schwinn Straight bar tank question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on here know if a schwinn straight bar tank will fit on a schwinn tornado which has a double straight bar? Or did a specific tank exist?

Thanks in advance

I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I really don't think there was a tank specifically for that frame. Do you know what year your frame is?

mromerox said:
Anyone on here know if a schwinn straight bar tank will fit on a schwinn tornado which has a double straight bar? Or did a specific tank exist?

Thanks in advance

I don't know what year the frame is..I haven't bought the bike yet. I don't know if the tornado deluxe had the double bars but I think it had a tank.

I want to say the Tornado deluxe with the double bars and the tank was only offered in 1959 and 1960. I don't see an option for a deluxe in '61 and in '62 it was replaced by the Typhoon.

I do believe it is different from the earlier straightbar tanks since they were only on heavyweights until this point. I still won't say with any certainty but that's what scrolling through the catalogs suggests! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back