Schwinn Straightbar Boardtracker Motorized

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
We need to see video of you riding this puppy. :wink:

i second the motion ! and if you were to say maybe .produce one of these tanks you make for another member here :wink: namely me !how much would it set him,.me :p back ?

As with all good things that are old they just keep getting better with time. I will get some video and some fresh pictures to show you the changes on the boardtracker. I threw on an expansion chamber and bumped my speeds up a bit. Now I can cruise at 30 mph and have a little more bottom end power. I also just scored a set of aluminun Worksman rims with stainless 11 gauge spokes and front drum brake. The rims only come in silver so I disassembled them and just dropped them off to be annodized black. Should have them laced back up and mounted by the end of the weekend. I got a little side tracked on another build for the wife. Here are a couple shots of her bike.
DSC04661.jpg

DSC04665.jpg

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Rat Rod said:

i second the motion ! and if you were to say maybe .produce one of these tanks you make for another member here :wink: namely me !how much would it set him,.me :p back ?
All the custom pieces you see on both these bikes are available. I just happen to have two tanks that were just laser cut and are ready to weld up. I also have two spare Panther frames. One frame already has the idler tab welded on for the motorbike side chain. I can email you some prices.

maddogrider said:
So does that back motor mount have an extention on it? Or is that what came with the motor? Oh and mighty fine looking motorbikes you have there :D
The motor kits usually come with two rear mount blocks so you can push the motor forward in the frame to gain additional clearance for the carb. I use both blocks. I have also been hiding the CDI unit under the engine just above the bottom bracket. Old bikes just didn't have electronic ignition systems.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Rat Rod said:

A.S.BOLTNUT,
I tried to send you an email but it's just sitting in my outbox. Did you receive it?

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
and if you were to say maybe .produce one of these tanks you make for another member here :wink: namely me !how much would it set him,.me :p back ?

hey a.s.boltnut......i can make you one of those quite easily and fairly cheap(heck youre even within driving distance)

I am not sure how I missed this, but beautiful bike. Those tanks are the cats meow made in Stainless.

Thanks for the comments, guys. The bike has changed quite a bit. Same basic look but improved a few things. I have been building custom intake manifolds, now running an expansion chamber, and Worksman aluminum wheels that I disassembled and had anodized black. Worksman wheels are really high quality with 11 gauge spokes and a front drum brake based on the old Atom design. The more I mess with it the faster it gets!
DSC04873.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

DSC04877.jpg

That is just too cool from one end to the other!

this has to be one of if not the most dead sexy motorized bicycle on rat rod bikes right now. it is just stunning where did you get the pipe?

sportscarpat said:
...These tanks take some serious time to fab but once finished are worth the effort....

I agree. Something that some people just can't appreciate is the time and effort it takes to actually build a tank. I am in the process of finishing up one myself...this one is "easy" because it won't hold fuel.

Thanks for the thread bumps. Monarks are repops that I basically remanufacture to survive motor bike duty. Here is the link to that thread, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26659 This bike now looks a little bit different but still has the original Panther paint job. I still make Panther style tanks but have moved on to frames now as well. I just posted my latest build last week in another section. Its a stretched out Worksman INB frame with all my custom parts like BTR seat and handlebars. This is an 8 hp Whizzer engine and the drop loop works well with the nice round crank case. Motor bikes sure are fun to build and ride!

Sportsman WZ Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Back