Schwinn Twinn Now in pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local cl had a "bike built for two' heading. Pic showed a Schwinn, so I emailed. No call back for several hours, and I figured I missed it. 7"15, they called, I was there by 7"45, and now have it in my garage.
The good- Five speed, shifts well, front brake works well, one original seat. Rear drum brake works when lever is applied at drum. I think the black paint will clean up well to ride.
The bad- Rear brake cable appears inoperative, missing rear fender and chain guard.
Man, that hangs a long way off both sides on the trunk rack on my Sebring!

The price? $100. I think I did okay.
SchwinnTwinn001_zps83032dcf.jpg

SchwinnTwinn002_zps7cb8a8c4.jpg

Think it may have been Campus Green, at one time.
SchwinnTwinn003_zpsf3a35dbe.jpg

Re: Schwinn Twinn

Sounds like you did just fine. Normally around here any tandem should bring a hundred easy.

Nice find. 8)

You could try using some Easy Off to remove the black and reveal the original Campus Green.

sleepy said:
Nice find. 8)

You could try using some Easy Off to remove the black and reveal the original Campus Green.
Thanks for the tip! Worst case, I have to repaint it, and it still looks better, right? 8)

Garrysr said:
Thanks for the tip! Worst case, I have to repaint it, and it still looks better, right? 8)

If you take your time with the Easy Off, you could reveal a Campus Green gem. You could always repaint but to me at least, rescuing original Schwinn paint is always a must....perhaps its just the archeologist in me. :mrgreen:

Or even if it won't come back perfect you'd still have a patina campus green Schwinn Twinn. Now you need to find two pair of green sparkle grips. I have one pair I can part with.

outskirtscustoms said:
Or even if it won't come back perfect you'd still have a patina campus green Schwinn Twinn. Now you need to find two pair of green sparkle grips. I have one pair I can part with.
:lol: First, it has to stop raining. My "garage" is not big enough to work on things until I can clear some things out to the yard, and set some bikes out. Of course, if I can do that, I can work outside. :D 1940's one-car, and I have a waterbed frame, seven metal lawn chairs, and 15(?) bikes in there, including two tandems. Several of the bikes and chairs are hanging from the rafters, but still... Oh, and no power. And a lawn mower, a snow blower, and work bench. I suppose I could look at it as "Life is good!"
If it is Campus Green, it would match my wife's Breeze. Nice to ride with her and a grandson.
Wife is worried about the paint not being good. I pointed out, then I can just repaint. She still needs convincing on this bike thing!
I will keep the grips in mind. It currently has the original cushion ones. I kinda like them, on the short ride I took.

bikesntrikes said:
I have a chain guard for that bike. PM or email me (modelking2000 at hotmail dot com).
PM sent.

Talked to the wife, I will have to buy the Easy-Off, as she informs me that we don't have it with our gas stove. Gloves will probably also be in order, since her hands are a bit smaller than mine. Did order a new brake cable.

Back