Score!!! Sears muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this on my local craigslist this morning! and actually made the first call on it,
and I'm super stoked!
I dont really know alot about these I'm guessing a 68 or 69 Spyder?

Check it out!
DSC02815.jpg

I havent even cleaned it yet!
DSC02817.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

After further research I think its a 1970 model. I've spent the last few hours cleaning this thing up and wow!
I'm amazed at how good the chrome is, even the underside of the fenders gleam!
frame has random nicks here and there, not bad for a 42 year old bike.
rides like a dream!

Very nice! 24" Spyders seem to flock to me and I, in fact, picked one off craigslist today as well! It appears as though we are in the same metro Detroit market too :lol:

Enjoy!

Jpromo said:
Very nice! 24" Spyders seem to flock to me and I, in fact, picked one off craigslist today as well! It appears as though we are in the same metro Detroit market too :lol:

Enjoy!
Yes we are! this one came out of farmington hills, 8 mile & 275 area.

Very kool ...man,that's ultra clean.I'm currently restoring the 1969 10 speed version of this same bike...I wish mine was in this condition when I got it...most excellent score...P 8)

Very nice, I have one in black. I agree it is probably 66-67, I think they went to double top tubes after that. Good that you have the shifter, they are almost impossible to find.

Here's the one I picked up in Walled Lake probably the same time you were buying this one! 10 speed, rams horn. It'll clean up nice and all original other than lacking fenders. The gold one in the back was bought right at 8 mile and Farmington. We've probably both bought bikes out from under the others' nose at some point :lol:

DSCF3960.jpg

very cool looking bikes! love the double top tubes on those frames! would you happen to know what kind of grips these things had?
I'm thinking the ones on mine are not original.

Sears had Sears stamped grips. Pretty unique shape to them and they're actually some of my favorite grips as far as comfort goes.. they're well contoured.

Yours would have likely been glitter purple but that might be a difficult find. I have a white pair, which likely wouldn't look out of place, 10$ shipped.

DSCF3855.jpg

Jpromo said:
Sears had Sears stamped grips. Pretty unique shape to them and they're actually some of my favorite grips as far as comfort goes.. they're well contoured.

Yours would have likely been glitter purple but that might be a difficult find. I have a white pair, which likely wouldn't look out of place, 10$ shipped.

DSCF3855.jpg
I'll take them, pm on its way.

Back