SE Landing Gear forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi.

Does anybody know offhand what size crown race these new 1" threaded SE landing gear forks take? I'm hoping it's 26.4mm. I've been searching high and low, asked at least one dealer via email, but no answers as of yet.

Thanks
-rob

I think he's asking if the crown race ID is the old 26.4mm or newer 27.0mm. 1" steerers come in either variety like the headsets.

bighit said:
i can forward it to Todd Lyons the product manager for them. i am not sure of your question though. are you looking for steerer size? 1", 1 1/8.

where are you at in NJ?

I need a 1" threaded steerer, and i want to run it with a particular headset, which uses a 26.4mm crown race. I'm also hoping it's the old-skool american/opc standard inner diameter of .833/ 21.1mm, but i can work around all of that. If you can forward it and it's not too much trouble, that'd be much appreciated by me, and possibly by others. I was surprised it wasn't listed under "specs" on their website, but no one seems to be including that info anywhere in ebay auctions, shop sites, etc.

socal_jack said:
I think he's asking if the crown race ID is the old 26.4mm or newer 27.0mm. 1" steerers come in either variety like the headsets.

Quite right, except that i don't think it's appropriate to think of the 27.0mm races as "newer". They're actually just the older japanese industrial standard, but many chinese manufacturers have adopted it for their new, less expensive bikes and replacement forks(eg sunlite-branded stuff). I think it seems "newer" b/c we're seeing more cheap replacement 1" threaded forks coming from china, and coming with that race size. Really, 1" threaded is pretty much finished for almost all new bikes, except for very inexpensive bikes from china (which will likely have 27.0 races) and high-end customs from everywhere else (which will have 26.4 races.) Incidentally, i haven't been able to find a 1" threadless with a 27.0 race, nor a 1" threaded bmx headset (32.7mm cups) with a 27.0 race.

But, yeah, i need to buy a nice, bmx-cruiser type fork with a @7"long 1" threaded steering tube for my project, and it needs to take a 26.4mm race.

Thanks.
-rob

EDIT: YST makes a 32.7cup/27.0race headset, turns out. And, Bighit, I'm in south Jersey, near Cherry Hill.

does porkchop have what your looking for? they have the new 1" headsets and the landrace forks. very detailed specs on his site..

patxi said:
does porkchop have what your looking for? they have the new 1" headsets and the landrace forks. very detailed specs on his site..

I like the landrace forks, but they take a 27.0mm race. Apparently, I can get the fork re-cut at a bike shop to accept a 26.4mm race, or i can get the tool to do so for $350. I'm thinking i'll just get a fork that already accepts the headset i got, though.

Porkchop is a really cool site for old stuff, and i found 'em through this site.

-rob

Hi my name is Gabriel and I look for landing gear fork for my quadangle and they need to be threaded on the outside dose anyone know were I MIT be able to fine them and it need to have a 3/8 dropout

Back