Sears ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help identifying the year and model of this bike. Did a little searching but haven't found much information. Thanks for any help!

I'm no expert but
Looking for help identifying the year and model of this bike. Did a little searching but haven't found much information. Thanks for any help!
I'm no expert but I think what you have here is a mix of different bikes. Looks like a schwinn sprocket and huffy guard on a Spyder frame. I'd venture to guess that the Troxel bucket seat and sissy bar were added to. And the suntour stick shifter as well. It's a great start to making a really sweet kustom muscle bike though. I like it. A LOT!

I'm no expert but

I'm no expert but I think what you have here is a mix of different bikes. Looks like a schwinn sprocket and huffy guard on a Spyder frame. I'd venture to guess that the Troxel bucket seat and sissy bar were added to. And the suntour stick shifter as well. It's a great start to making a really sweet kustom muscle bike though. I like it. A LOT!
you are right on that being a Schwinn sprocket I have the same sprocket I am running on my firestone boten build.
as far as a sears frame yes I believe it is a spyder frame
the rear wheel is original from the looks of it.
I am unsure on it being a spyder though im just agreeing with you on that because I know sears made the spyder as a muscle bike I also think this one may be mid 60's

The bike is a friends. It was his late brothers when they were kids. He recently found it in the garage. I'm just cleaning it up and making it rideable for him. The plan is to leave it as is as much as possible. I suspected it was a bit of a mix of parts.

right on brother I feel him for doing that.
I do believe you are right with ti being a mixup but it looks like they took all the cool parts and built it.
it's a cool bike nonetheless

68/69 would be my guess. The 67 had a clear spoke protector on the rear rim I think
I don't know. My '67 Spyder had that spoke protector.

n1ns.jpg

Back