Sex change for the Evans Colson. "Hombre" Done! Estodo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get inspired by designs like this. I love this style, and the stance and attitude this
2014-06-13 14.53.19.png
car has.

Love this build! I really like it with the fenders also. I'll have to try your recipe for rust, I love to age things but I'm not very patient!

Kicking around the idea of a battery tube and prices are out of hand if you want to buy one. I got a length of 1" copper tubing and will use C cell's. Haven't figured out how I will mount it to the frame, but mocked it up behind the seat tube. I have an old Wald basket I could use the clamps from, so I may dig that out.
20140625_185037.jpg

Got a headlight that needs a lens and a cool little two sided tail light that will mount off the lower fender bracket. I tried the top of the fender, but just didn't go with the "low" look of the bike.
2014-06-25 19.49.50.jpg

Not sure I like the mount location for the headlight with it being off-centered. Think I'll try hacking off the clamp and mounting it with the stem clamp bolt. Also found some cool little l.e.d. lights at a truck stop that might work for this application.
20140625_185135.jpg

love this build man fantastic work :banana:

Love that old switch! Cool idea.

I like these better. They have a great ratty patina.

Back