Shelby Flyer Charity Auction Build Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im going to do this one in a simple style like my Manton & Smith for The silent auction for the Elderday Center in Batavia Illinois. My wife volunteers there helping the oldsters that are in a day care program. The center has an annual wine tasting that my wife co-plans with another lady. I volunteered to build a bike for the next auction. I'm going with new 3G wheels all new bearings new leather seat and powder-coated frame. I will be looking for a head badge in very good cond. if any anyone knows of one .

Something like this:

Last edited:
A possible crank and still trying to figure out photos mine are coming out small from the Imageshack

Just ordered a seat Gyes GS-07 brown from crowcycleco.com head set and crank bearings grips from Porkchop BMX.

Last edited:
The missing image from the post above.

Trying to resize.............................Well that didn't:headbang: work

On ImageShack....use the "Direct" link option.

Copy that and then click on the image embed icon here and past that link into the field.

k3xv.jpg

Dang us old dogs are slow learners thanks Steve.

a1td.jpg
wbdn.jpg
Parts so far I still need a fork with truss rod braces similar to the Shelby in the for sale section I don't need the rods I'm going to use SS tube for weight. Slyred is contributing a set of pedals so I'm getting close.Also got my powder for the frame and black bits.
wbdn.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few things in line on some details. The pedals I want I can never find so I think I'll modify the tread plates on the Origin 8s that Slyred donated they will be flat platform with no side bias.
Also going to do a head badge out of SS with slots that mimic the slots in the crank and cut out letters
That let the PC color through.
7i5x.jpg
cuan.jpg

Skip & Luke I'm working on getting the DXF files ready my drafting prog. Won't do outline letters which will be on the head badge and the pedal side plates ie cut out . Blasted the Murray fork I'm going to use yesterday and am getting ready to coat it this morning. When I get the dwgs straightened out Ill have to talk to Carl26.
zkv0.jpg

Back