Shipping Homework.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Please do yourself and everybody else a favor and do your homework before you advertise something for sale. If you list an item wether its advertised "shipped" or even if you are going to add shipping at least get an idea of the cost .Its very easy to just to check the USPS website and pick a far away Zipcode just to get an Idea of what it might cost, size and weight etc. This easy bit of work will save you and everyone else time and money. Its happen to me a couple of times, In one case the seller was willing to take a loss and send it anyway,of coarse I didn't but someone would loose . Happy selling and buying! thanks Tom :)

Thanks for that, I have had shipping kill a few deals for me. Now days, if it doesn't fit in a flat rate box it goes on C-list then I'll sell parts on here.

I've read this thread a couple times and I'm still confused about what the subject actually is. As a seller I request a zip code w/ a PM in my listing description for shipping estimates. When I get the zip code it takes about 2 minutes to get a VERY ACCURATE Shipping Estimate. Why would I waste any time beforehand guesstimating the farthest point from my location only to possibly scare off the customer because the guestimated shipping is so high. I really don't understand what is being said here. Perhaps I'm not following the line of thinking correctly at all. Please inform me. Robert

This post was to remind people who list items for sale "shipped" to do their home work before just throwing it on here. The part about picking a far away destination is just a guide for them to get an idea of what shipping will cost. Its happened a couple of times to me, that the seller changed his mind after they went to send it. I know it does happen alot but it happens.
Forsale $ 00/shipped .

I think I get what you are saying.

For example, if I advertise a frame for $50 shipped, and it turns out shipping is $32, I should go ahead and ship it anyway, because I advertised it for $50. Even though I wanted to get more than $18 for the frame. I should have figured that out before putting it up for sale, or waited until a set price could be agreed upon.

Also, If I agreed to pay for a part, plus shipping, I can't complain when it seems the shipping is too high, because it wasn't given as an exact figure. Ex: Forks, "$20 plus shipping". I say ok, then pay $35 because shipping was $15, that's the deal. If it shows up with a much lower dollar amount on the shipping label, then there might be a problem, but not if I already agreed to $15 for shipping.

outskirtscustoms said:
Thanks for that, I have had shipping kill a few deals for me. Now days, if it doesn't fit in a flat rate box it goes on C-list then I'll sell parts on here.
good policy, I've lost my .... on shipping this year

Back