Shock question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a set Gila shock I want to put on my foldable. The thing is that when I put the Gila on the angle is really not good for the head tube. If I swing the fork around the angle is fine. I was wondering if there was a way of turning the tubes like put the left into the right and the right into the left arm. I hope I'm explaining what I want to do right. Does that make any sense? If not. Any suggestion?

Eclipse said:
I have a set Gila shock I want to put on my foldable. The thing is that when I put the Gila on the angle is really not good for the head tube. If I swing the fork around the angle is fine. I was wondering if there was a way of turning the tubes like put the left into the right and the right into the left arm. I hope I'm explaining what I want to do right. Does that make any sense? If not. Any suggestion?

Picture of shock would help, with some this is something you can do, with others... not so much.

If I understand you, the axle would be mounted behind the fork legs rather than in font? Left and and right fork legs are normally interchangeable.

I've got the pictures. Now I just need to hope :)

The suspension is a RST Gila.

the bike the way it sit. The angle on the head tube is wrong. Too much strain on there.
IMG_0068.jpg

The way I would like it to sit. The angle is better there.
IMG_0070.jpg

a close of of the fork
IMG_0069.jpg

Also, is there a way to make the 2 bearing size fit together? The fork one is bigger than the head tube one.

Back