should i change the bars??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry :oops:
another post
im new and i want to absorb as much info as possible.

the current/ original bars on my bike are these,
tho they are back to front in the pics,
i have put them on the correct way but the style of them means the riding postion is made smaller on an already small bike

i was wondering if you guys thought i should swap them for some larger 'chopper' style ones?

4751_1.jpg

4dfc_1.jpg

Try flipping them over and angling them right.. If u dont like them get some "ape hangers." If thats not ur style, Try some straight mountain bike bars.. anything is possible, Just use ur imagination! :)

I would just cut off about 3-4" off of the bar ends and leave them flipped.

I like that bike!

if you feel crowded as far as the bars go, id suggest some apes then youll have plenty of room, even if you dont go massive (11" are are good size for me) you can lean those babys way out, just remember the longer you go go the harder it is to get them to stay put. but cuttin the bars like magicrat said would free up alot of space and give it a sportier (boardtracker) look.

Definitely go with a cool set of apes.

As it sits right now, it just looks like you forgot to tighten the neck bolt. :lol:

The thing I strive for is a blend of form and function, it has to be comfortable and look cool. Ask yourself do I like the feel of the bars? :idea: Move them around too. But I've gone for look over feel too!

I like flipped handlebars, but for me they need to be at the right angle. I flipped mine over and made them go with the line of the bike, sort of like road drops...but these are like extra low moustache bars...here's what I did if it gives you any ideas...
1715694093_39d71e9750.jpg

great replies guys thanks,
i have flipped em so the rise is better but they do still come back towards you at the nds so they do encroach on the riding position.
i also like the originality.

but i will order up a cheaper set of 6 - 7'' rise bars with a 23 - 25'' width.
if they dont work then they will be good spares for my bomber.

brand,I never woulda thunk that flipped bars and a banana seat would work together...

YOU pulled it off SUPER COOL!

MagicRat said:
brand,I never woulda thunk that flipped bars and a banana seat would work together...

YOU pulled it off SUPER COOL!

Thanks!! It has taken on this super cool low slung motorcycle profile which I really love.

d,I dont know how much of a Board Tracker look ya might be going for but...if you cut those bars off at the second bend...

Back