SHOW OFF YOUR HELMET

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturephotoboy3 said:
Yea that was quite the hairdo. My son really thought that was Evel .

I figured that was you and your wife!

I've also got these 2 thanks to dangratsdan
IMG_5659.JPG

DSCF1977.JPG

Wife clowning around with kids helmet at store.
IMG_1554.JPG

That kids one is wicked!

This one is only to keep the melon warm and is seldom worn but came from Tarawa in '43.
100_3975.jpg

This next one is of (so far) unknown origin and is used for our yearly "Sheiking"* ride.
IMG_0059.jpg

I know the leaf isn't very good. That was the first one I ever did. :oops:

*You may need to google to find the meaning of that unless you're familiar with 20's terminology.

N.B.P.-That Evel bike turned out great!

Its a flat orange, it is a little hard to tell with a dark grainy pic though. The checkered duck tape was just laying around but I'm sure it will probably get sticker'd up at some point. When my wife asked my boy what he wanted to get me for valentines day he told her flames for the orange helmet :lol:

Do you guys actually ride a bicycle with a helmet on? Is it a law where you live? Just wondering since it's not enforced at all here and it's just strange seeing someone with a biking helmet on. Maybe at the skate park which I understand but that's about it.

In Australia the law requires you to where a helmet on public land and roads.

I have three helmets, depending on which bike or type of riding I am doing:

15848788852_7593faf04b_z.jpg

THE Industries full face downhill, Toiga road/race and generic army style skate helmet.

Luke.

Do you guys actually ride a bicycle with a helmet on? Is it a law where you live? Just wondering since it's not enforced at all here and it's just strange seeing someone with a biking helmet on. Maybe at the skate park which I understand but that's about it.

Over 12 years of age, a helmet is not required. I never wear one, but all of the spandex road bikers do.

We all roll brain buckets at my house, after one saves your life a couple times, you WANT to wear one.

20141122_223014_zps26688cd2.jpg
Yes, agreed. My little girl learned at a very young age the benefits of a helmet. She was three and decided to let it rip down the big hill by our house. Got the high speed wobble, high sided and landed on her head and shoulder. Broke her helmet and scared her more than anything else. Helmets aren't for everybody, but we all wear them.

Back