Show us your bags!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bike bags, I mean. Per chagovatoloco's request. Carrier bags, saddle bags, handlebar bags, tank bags, panniers, trunks, etc. Show us what you've used, bought, adapted, and lashed to your bike to give you a place to carry all your worldly possessions. I'll start.

LLBean canvas shoulder bags on my Schwinn Classic Deluxe Seven:
P1014394.jpg

Basil panniers on the "purple bike" I built for my mother:
P1010827.jpg

Banjo Brothers barrel saddle bag on my Raleigh:
P1013867.jpg

Topeak MTX trunk bag on my Diamondback Response Sport:
Photo05051354.jpg

And on my Varsity V-Rat winter bike:
P1014106.jpg

i rock an army surplus bag nestled in the rack just below and at the back of my seat. its perfect for my PBR tallboy.
CIMG0259.jpg
i really should get better pics of it.
sometimes i add bags, chrome, dewalt, ikea. etc.
CIMG0168.jpg
sometimes i just add an extra bike.
CIMG0570.jpg

I'm going to cheat somewhat for another entry. I had a Storm Case that I installed on my former KLR650 as a trunk. Had plenty of room, was water tight and kinda worked with the bike's squared-off, chunky asthetics. Wish I hadn't sold it.
Dsc00174.jpg

Twowheelfan's Dewalt case made me think of it; my buddy has a similar Dewalt case on his KLR. A similar (but smaller) Storm or Pelican case would work pretty well on a MTB or clunker...

expjawa said:
I'm going to cheat somewhat for another entry. I had a Storm Case that I installed on my former KLR650 as a trunk. Had plenty of room, was water tight and kinda worked with the bike's squared-off, chunky asthetics. Wish I hadn't sold it.
Dsc00174.jpg

Twowheelfan's Dewalt case made me think of it; my buddy has a similar Dewalt case on his KLR. A similar (but smaller) Storm or Pelican case would work pretty well on a MTB or clunker...
that dewalt case actually HAS the saw in it! that bike is my S.U.B. i ride it in NYC to work everyday, rain or shine, sleet or snow. am a scenic carpenter/prop stylist/set builder. for photoshoots, so my payload changes from job to job. prop bikes one day, circ saw and screwgun the next.
sometimes i need to run up to the flower district and carry a load of flowers to set. i need to be very versatile! its great! no insurance, no registration, no gas! i had to sell my motorcycles recently. sorry to see them go. i feel ya. cool use of pelican case tho! i have a couple, but they are too large even for my bike. i see you have some more anvilcases, or calzone cases back there. video equip?

there was another thread not too long ago i stuck all mine in, but i think i've done this one since then

bikes002-9.jpg

bikes004-3.jpg

the rack bolts on, then the bag attatches to the rack. sort of like one i made for my main rider, only i can take the bag off easier and without the rack. the holder and bag are bolted together on my main bike

bikes005-1.jpg

On the rear: a 50-year old leather saddlebag,which came with my first motorbike,30 years ago (a '56 Matchless G3L).
On the front: a motorcycle toolroll, for some necessary tools.
On my own back: a modified hardshell backpack, made by Bobblbee (Scandinavian).
And last: my ammobox, mounted on the bottomtube,holding a 9,7 amp. battery+carhorn.

twowheelfan said:
i see you have some more anvilcases, or calzone cases back there. video equip?

Instrumentation equipment. I'm an automotive engineer; the cases contain data collection equipment for vehicle testing - transducers, slip rings, telemetry bits, etc. Fun stuff...

Back