Sidecar Rat almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inproc.jpg

I hope to get the fiberglass done this weekend. Has anyone else tried this? This is a Huffy with a Grubee engine. I sawed up a Wal-Mart Schwinn chopper for the wheel and strut. [/img]

Very cool. A word of warning about your bike though, the Huffy fenders tend to break at the L bracket that holds them to the bike. This has sent many motorized ridders over the handlebars resulting in injury and spendy bike repairs. It can easily be fixed by drilling out the rivets on the fenders and replacing the thin bracket with a hardware store bracket. The holes in your fender will line up with the holes in the HWS bracket and use locktite on every thing. Keep the rubber side down...Kelly
Carlsbike.jpg

I wish I had known that last year. I have a photo very simular to yours. The bracket came loose and trashed my front wheel. The bike looked as if it had been hit by a truck. I plan to make new fenders styled after the Indian motorcycles with a full skirt. If not I will definetely remove the fenders before I ride.

Is that motor gonna be able to pull you and your passanger through them kentucky mountains haha I went down there when i was little to louisville for the Streetrod nationals. we stayed at my dads friends relatives house with his friend. It was so much fun. Sweet Memories.

Sorry to hear that , hopfully you wern't hurt. I've heard that story at least half a dozon times and seen pics from three, those fenders are dangerous. I'd like to see more pics of your bike, the front view looks great...Kelly

oops.jpg

I found the picture of my loose fender. Luck I have enough counter weight to hold the back end down.

then everyone wonders why most of my customs dont have fenders? wow was the rider ok on that first crashed bike?

The guy thumped his head pretty good but as far as I know he was alright...Kelly

Thats why u wear a helmet kids! i should wear one as stupid as i ride. Yeah ive knocked my head a few times, even slid on my face haha.

ricksterr1221 said:
Thats why u wear a helmet kids! i should wear one as stupid as i ride. Yeah ive knocked my head a few times, even slid on my face haha.
I'm not touching this one!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a beautiful machine you are building there "jdsidecar"
keep us posted with pic's
Kev.

I wear a helmet on my commute but not because i am stupid!

I had a fender brace "fallout' and creative havoc like that but not quite as extreme. No Fun.

I hope to add pictures of the sidecar finished next weekend. I have been block sanding all day and still not done. Thanks for all the comments.

Re: Well I finished it.

jdsidecar said:
I cant wait to start the next one. I can not get on photobucket to post my pics. I am trying to sell on ebay to get fundage for the next.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

Thanks for all your comments.

Off-topic, but can you post pics of your other toys in the background???
Nice bikes! Oh and nice side-car too 8)

62f2_3.JPG

Back