Sissy Bar Clamp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with adjusting a sissy bar. My younger brother has a sissy bar on his lowrider bike. For some reason the sissy bar wont stay in place, even with the clamps all tightened up. When he sits on it, its justs slides all the way down onto the rear fender. Anyway to fix this? Would electrical tape wrapped around the sissy bar in between the bar and clamps work?

Wldcat10 said:
I need help with adjusting a sissy bar. My younger brother has a sissy bar on his lowrider bike. For some reason the sissy bar wont stay in place, even with the clamps all tightened up. When he sits on it, its justs slides all the way down onto the rear fender. Anyway to fix this? Would electrical tape wrapped around the sissy bar in between the bar and clamps work?

Yes; that's what worked for me. One of the things to be careful of is how many times you wrap the tape around. The way I did it was to wrap the tape tightly around the place on the sissy bar where you want the clamp to be. Make sure the tape is wrapped evenly. You want it so the clamp will not slide over the tape. Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the clamp slightly open,until it does slide over, then remove the screwdriver. Tighten the bolts down,but not too hard...you obviously don't want to break the bolts.

It may take some trial-and-error, but it will work.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
You could always drill a hole through the sissy bar, right above where the clamp rests. Run a hardened bolt with a nylock as a 'stopper' for the sliding bar.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Dr. T

That's exactly what I had to do on my Columbia :D

Back