Skiptooth on F&S Duomatic ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all !

Simple question.....

I do have a F&S Duomatic hub.
I love "skiptooth".
As beeing a Dutchman, I don't know if the skiptooth-sprockets match the thread on my F&S hub.
In Europe we barely see skiptooth's, therefore my question.

Thank you.

Hey Gerwin,Im just tossin' ideas at ya...dont etch them in stone.

Grind off every other tooth on your hub cog...IF ITS AN EVEN NUMBER OF TEETH.Same for the crank sprocket.

Maybe it would work? I dunno,I never tried it.

Skip link chains can be a 'little' costly,but deals can be found.Check the classifieds on here.

that will work with a 1/2" pitch chain..i dont know if it would with a 1" pitch though(karfer ran a 1" chain on a skip front sprocket and a 1/2" rear with every other tooth ground off and thats worked well for him)........

I ground off every other tooth on the rear cog of a Nirve coaster brake and I am running a 1" pitch chain and front sprocket. The chain does not "nest" very well on it so I had to do some additional grinding in between the teeth.
Picture140.jpg

In this picture you can see little bits of daylight under the chain on the rear cog. After some additional grinding I was able to get the chain to fit better.

It should be no problem. You can always buy a new even tooth cog using the method described above. The rear cog attaches just like the Bendix's and the modern Shimano's

Thanks for all the quick reply's :shock:
I finaly found some complete wheels (rims/hubs) , I wanted real old ones, no NOS :D
Talked with a Belgian lace-manufacturer and told them my plans, and they are willing to send me "raw" nipples ! ( no chrome-finish)
So I'll end up with old rims, have them powdercoated, brass nipples, rear hub "Duomatic" with skiptooth sprocket.
Fronthweel : same, also with F&S old hub, with original "oiler"
And a 3piece crankset with skiptooth.
Conclusion : I'm a happy man !!

As a reminder : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4727&st=0&sk=t&sd=a.
Wheels in the pics are gonna be replaced by the old ones i just bought.

Back