(Slammed Trike) doing the finishing touches...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks larger than that, sorry for my ignorance but what is the purpose of truss rods on the front end, I understand it helps with support and they're cool looking but is there any other purpose.

Ok so you just moved into my top 10 bikes to watch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jake

Truss rods are just as you said @mplumb59 , for this build it is just the cool factor. And it isn't ignorance if you don't know...
10-4 and not to dispute but ignorance means you don't know or maybe unfamiliar with. Stupidity means you know better but do it anyway. So that means we're all ignorant to certain things. We just don't want to be stupid. I'm really liking the truss rods.

Nothing earth shattering got done on the trike tonight, but I did test the Disc Brake rotor that just came today.

Disc Brake 1.jpg

Just need to make a caliper mount now.

Not bad! A little truing and that should come up nice!

Luke.
You should of seen it at the first failed try... What I failed to do was check to see if all the spokes were the same length. Which they weren't by about 1 - 2 mm difference. Once I put all the same length spokes on the inside side of the rim she laced up really nice like.

Krylon hammered paint - yes, I've used it quite a bit. Looks great. I usually paint cranks with it.

Ok, I laced up the other side and mounted the tires. Man there was some cussing going on there mounting the tires.

Lacing%20up%20Rims%204.jpg

The boss is inspecting the work... :D

Lacing%20up%20Rims%205.jpg

I found if you start with the spoke by the valve hole and then count three over for the next spoke as you go around you tighten it evenly. once you get back to 1, you then start with 2 and do the same. then you you start with 3 and go all the way around. The first pass around I will turn each spoke nipple 1 turn and then the next go around half turns.

She can roll now
A Roller 1.jpg

A Roller 2.jpg

A Roller 3.jpg

A Roller 4.jpg

Back