slick's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i lucked out and picked up a nos set of 20" uniroyal slicks from the 70's.(and i do mean slick's!) a 20x1.75 and a 20 x2.125. i couldn't wait to get home and put em on my buritto.

threw the tires up against the bike and they looked like they would fit. guess i was wrong. :)
what a disapointment. somebodies out to get me. :) (probably myself-own worst enemy.lol)
sure would have looked mean.

since they wont fit the bike, figured i'd show em off here. guess theres another build soon to come. :)
IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

since i totally burned myself, i was hoping you guys would take pitty on my bleeding heart and post some pic's of ya slick's.

thx

MMM.... That could be it.. You see the girl holding my hammer in this pic....

2774011346_6eac57d6ff_b.jpg
Its hard to miss how large it is. Of course Blacksmiths are known for their large hammers

I have a couple of slik's without the "c" the one on the bike is a reproduction and the other is a barley used original schwinn stingray slik 20x2.125 "wide tread". I was headed to a metal recycling yard and was joking with my brother how cool it would be if I found a mangled stingray to get parts off of. What are the chances? It looked like it had been run over by a tank! the frame tubes were flat. The rim was tacoed bad. I really didn't think we were going to get it off in one piece, but we did. I don't remember the exact cost other than it was 15 cents a pound.
bikepics042.jpg

bikepics043.jpg

man that was a good score. love the slick. whats writen on the side? my first custom was built from a mangled 67 stingray. (and its still out being chromed-sore point)
IMG_0886-1.jpg

my screen name i (i). c (see). y(why).u (you). od (overdose). 2 (too)
i saw it writen on a skateboard (professional skater) back in the mid 80's. icyuod was repeated in black marker around the perimeter of the board (on the grip tape)
its sorta an on going computer joke to me. these wacky boxes drive me nuts, and its the reason for my username. :)
(never tried to off myself or commit attention for that matter.)

why did ya think it was scream influenced?

scream was a punk band in the early - mid 80's who had a song called icyuod(im guessing thats where the guy with it on his board got it from) so i just assumed......cool sting ray you made :mrgreen:

listened to alot of punk back in the 80's (black flag,stiff little fingers,minute men,sperm birds,forgotten rebels etc) but i wasn't aware of scream.

gonna check it out though

love the slick. whats writen on the side?

SCHWINN STING-RAY SLIK 20 X 2.125 WIDE TREAD

Here is a picture of one just like the one on my bike.

http://www.hyper-formance.com/IMG_0077.JPG

I would kill for some nice slicks!

They are reproduction and you can still get them!
They are $42 a each. at hyper-formance.com

Pete has a lot of really cool stuff.

Back