So Cal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just putting out a feeler to see if anyone is interested in setting up an informal cruise/ride for us inland peeps. Maybe downtown riverside or redlands.

Downtown Redlands is probably a nicer ride but there is some pretty cool old neighborhoods around the Mission Inn. I love riding down at Newport but gas getting down there is more and more expensive. We have gone along with some vintage rides down there and they were a blast with all our rats, customs and vintage cruisers rolling around. The Cyclone Riders have some great rides but again it comes down to $$ and to get there on time we are loading bikes up and getting ready at 7:30-8 am on a sunday. Something more local would be alot of fun too but as you can see, there dosn't seem to be loads of interest

Well actually Newport isn't too far for me at all and sounds like a fun ride for sure...I live in San Juan Cap and is only 20mins for me. Dang too bad my bike is in peices again haha...last week I demolished my springer forks and now am awaiting for some beefier vintage MTB style forks in the mail that should better hold up to my style of riding. :)
San Juan Cap would also make a great ride location...It's also has a historic side to it with the mission and all. Plus there is a river bed that shoots straight to the beach from DT and is a nice flat 3 mile ride.

Im in san bernardino but I have 1 of my bikes in Riverside / Rubidoux (parents house) so either redlands or riverside wouldn't b too far for me.

there are a couple of other events coming up in Riverside that might be fun to schedule a ride around.

May 14, 2011 is the Tour de Riverside...which is a family oriented ride
http://www.inlandempire.us/things-to-do/tour-de-riverside-things-to-do/tour-de-riverside-2/

April 29 - May 1 is the K&N Filters Show n Go in downtown Riverside. We could meet up somewhere close and cruise into town to see all the rods and rides. I've ridden down there the last few years and it's always a good time.
http://www.showandgo.org/index.html

The K&N car show is always a good time We have taken bikes to that for alot of years (beats trying to park). I live right near Cal Baptist University so I ride to downtown often, just look for shiny bikes in front of the coffee bean there lol. Victoria ave is also a great ride. I was hoping to check out downtown Redlands on 2 wheels this weekend with a friend that lives there lets see how the weather is. Rancho isn't really that far. I met you a few years back at a Huntington to Newport ride, you were on a prewar frame with a Monarch springer, I was on my green speedster and my daughter was on her lil chick. My weekends are pretty flexible, lets get something going.

This just popped into my head- If enough folks decided on a set of locations, we could do a revolving group gathering- One weekend for Inland Empire, (You guys up there would know the best spots) one for Orange County coastal (Balboa-Newport- Huntington), one for La county. There are three good regional parks that would make great destinations with picnic grounds on the San Gabriel River trail- Legg Lake in the Whittier area, El Dorado Park near Lakewood/ Long Beach, and Santa Fe Dam near Irwindale. North La County, and the San Fernando Valley must have some potential spots as well. Weekends at the regional parks could be a lot of fun. There are tons of people there to check out the bikes, barbecue ares to make food, and easy parking to boot.

JWM

I'm in Ontario, so I'm a little closer to Riverside and Redlands than Newport. A while back someone on CL was trying to get a tweed ride started in Claremont, but I don't think it panned out.

There is too many elitist spandex clad fixie people in Clairmont to possibly show up for such an uncool event :lol:

that sounds good, we could meet up at the Carls Jr at 13th and Market. I have a busy saturday this week but how many people would want to meet up sunday this week

Carl's Jr. might be really crowded since that's normally the turnaround corner.

I'm up 12th Street a few blocks if people want to drive in and ride down from here.

Let's do this :) pm me your info we can start a Facebook event and or just chill.. I'm liking the BBQ at the park.. We should map out the bars we should hit up.. Also we got to hit up the cigar lounge :) I see much promise in this awesomeness

Latest posts

Back