so lucky!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy that I found a hobby like this! I started Welding school last year and I'm learning so much. I had this 70s Columbia tripper that I bought at a Garage sale for a charity to teach local children about the history of the Hudson River. Best ten bucks I ever spent. As soon as I stared to learn how to weld I picked up the gun of the little zip box at work and started creating. My boss is insanely supportive and lets me do my thing while on the click and laughs every time I make it more ridiculous than the last time he saw it. I store my bikes there, he gives me his daughters bikes that they've grown out of.... it's just great! The 30 bucks I've spent I've made back times over in Wednesday I've been paid while messing with my own bike. My job is to do oil changes and breaks jobs, not building bikes. I'm just so happy to have a job like I have! I get paid garbage but money isn't everything. Who else has it good like me? I no money but I have happiness. My girlfriends eyes glaze over when I tell her about my dreams of bicycles I had the night before but she listens and supports me. Even to the point of starting s fight with me late at night so I can go run to the shop to get some serious bike work done! That and she was mad at me.... but it worked out. I haven't had any interest in bikes since I was a young teen now I'm old (not that old though)and it like a new cooler childhood! I love this!

The tire alley of the shop i work at has about 5 whole bikes and another 4 that i have chopped up into little pieces to save room, about 15 rims and other handlebars brake setups, random sprockets... all this is space is money... and they still don't complain about using their wire and welder! I dug out an empty argon/co2 gas canister out of a shed we had and made them fill it for me! The only complaint i have had is that i haven't gotten paid for the bikes I've... started. they don't want anything from me. They are just happy to see me do something when i get pissed off other than smash whiskey bottles in the garage... lol

Back