Something Different

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Decided to build a muscle bike for a change, huffy rail. I picked up this frame that was already powder coated. It's a silver base coat, then 2 candy greens & then clear. Not use to working with gears & cables & all that stuff but it's coming along.
P3220001-2.jpg

P4020001.jpg

P4020002.jpg

It would be fun to ride one of those again. Build looks like it will trun out really cool.

I was never old enough to have banana seats as the current "technology", but there were always kids riding their older brother's old bikes. These had banana seats and I remember thinking the cranks were too short, but that they were a lot of fun to ride.

One kid even had an old beat up Yamaha Moto bike (at the time it would have been less than 10 years old). I may not have even remembered it if it hadn't been for the gigantic seat that had a billboard sized "MX" on the back.

I rode that a few times and it was a big pig!

Anyway, really nice effort so far. I look forward to seeing it completed.

-Rich

rusty513 said:
Almost finished. Just need the front brake cable & I'd like to get a white letter slick for the rear.
P4220001.jpg

That looks really good man :D btw were did you get the front tire with the white letters? it It would look really good on my 67' huffy dragster III :wink:

love the fade job on the paint and did you make the seat or can you buy them like that.....if bought where if built how????

Von Stans said:
love the fade job on the paint and did you make the seat or can you buy them like that.....if bought where if built how????
Thanks, the bike is powder coated 2 different greens & I bought the seat from a friend.

Back