"Sparky" - Early '80s Worksman (Re)Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this bike, Mark. FWIW, I'm pretty sure that's not what the other holes on the fork's ends are for, but it's awesome how you adapted them to work with the drum brake. How bout some more update pics, showing off the whole build so far?

Almost there! Need to find some decent red & grey/silver cable ties, and rig chain and shifter. I also have my eyes on a different seat post & some pedals. Can't wait to make this one my daily rider.

Sweet cruiser build. The colors looked a little odd at first on the bare frame but It looks really good assembled.

Where did you get your powder coating done? I have thought about getting some things done in the past but I didn't even know where to start.

Sweet cruiser build. The colors looked a little odd at first on the bare frame but It looks really good assembled.

Where did you get your powder coating done? I have thought about getting some things done in the past but I didn't even know where to start.
I agree, I did not like it at first. I use J&J Powdercoating across from the Castleton neighborhood off London Bridge Rd. in VA Beach. Jim & Jill will take good care of you, tell them I sent you if you go by there.

Almost finished - Took a maiden voyage, a fast run late yesterday through the state park main trail near my home. The bike did great until the last stretch. The circlip that holds the rear chain wheel on popped off and let the chain wheel off onto the axle. With no tools I walked the final mile home. Hope to have that issue solved (and some appropriate cable ties) soon.

Hot dang!~ Where'd you find the 1/2" MKS in colors??!?!?!? (Or did you just swap the cages out?)
Seat post goes good with the frame color..I'm a fan of the fluted seat post..

Yeah, I love the look, but I'm a big dude, and I always end up bending those in the 7/8" size...:blush:

What, on eBay or natsukashi or something? FWIW, i could serious blow a LOT of $$$$ on natsukashi if ever i succumbed to temptation. Truly hott stuff offered over there....

Latest posts

Back